- Badalassi "Wax" leather
- Vegetable tanned square shoulders
- Produced by Badalassi Carlo Tannery
- Dry-milled surface finished with wax
- Beautiful natural pull-up effect and distressed look
- Ideal for bags, briefcases, wallets, belts, harness, saddlery, shoes, binding and covers
The price refers to one whole or half piece of which is indicated the average size
|Quantity||Unit discount||You Save|
|5||5%||Up to $40.47|
|10||7%||Up to $113.32|
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Our secure and eco-friendly packaging ensures that the leather arrives at its destination in perfect condition. Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Square Shoulder
- Thickness Range Normal (1 ~ 2 mm)
- Exact Thickness 1,8 mm - (4,5 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Pull-Up - Wax
- Finishing Description Pull Up: this leather has a special kind of finishing containing waxes that give to the surface a natural distressed and lived look. This leather lightens on the surface when pulled or bent.
- Dye Completely Passing Through
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 2/6 Soft
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Other Uses Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Size Range Medium (up to 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Minimum size of the whole piece 1,1 m² - 12,2 sq. ft. - 1,3 yd²
- Average size of the whole piece 1,4 m² - 15 sq. ft. - 1,7 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- More details about quality Even on the 1° Grade there could be some small imperfections or natural signs characteristic of this kind of leather, which cannot be considered as defects.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Badalassi "Wax" leather is produced by the famous Tannery Badalassi Carlo on vegetable tanned square shoulders. It is characterized by a dry-milled surface finished with wax; the result is a beautiful natural pull-up leather with a distressed look which fits perfectly within the Italian Premium Tradition of veg tan hides. Badalassi Wax leather is an oiled Vacchetta, this is why it has a soft temper, full hand and its surface is very reactive to burnishing.
This leather is ideal for the production of bags, briefcases, wallets, belts, covers, harness, saddlery, shoes, binding, and leather goods in general. The price refers to one whole or half piece of which is indicated the average size.
This item brightens up when bending, the surface can be partially restored with hard rubbing on the grain side.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 1,4 m² - 15,5 sq. ft. - 1,7 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 0,7 m² - 7,7 sq. ft. - 0,8 yd²
It is possible to request the labels of the "Genuine Vegetable Tanned Leather In Tuscany" consortium via email with a separate message after the order. The cost depends on number of labels requested.
Constanze H. published the 01/12/2023 following an order made on 29/07/2023
Travis K. published the 24/11/2023 following an order made on 03/11/2023
Such great leather and a great color!! I’m very impressed!!
Donatas G. published the 01/11/2023 following an order made on 17/10/2023
Marek B. published the 01/11/2023 following an order made on 11/10/2023
Very beautiful leather and excellent quality
Åsa O. published the 23/10/2023 following an order made on 15/10/2023
Second time buying this leather. Need I say more?!!
David P. published the 23/10/2023 following an order made on 13/10/2023
Great product. Just what I was wanting. I liked it so much, I immediately ordered 2 more hides after receiving my order.
Stacey R. published the 18/10/2023 following an order made on 05/10/2023
Linda S. published the 11/10/2023 following an order made on 24/09/2023
Fine leather, beautiful color and quality.
Jo H. published the 24/09/2023 following an order made on 14/09/2023
My favorite leather by far. The cognac color is gorgeous. Smells amazing. I had it split to 3oz and the flesh side was very smooth and uniform. Great experience.
- On sale!