- Badalassi "Wax" leather
- Vegetable tanned square shoulders
- Produced by Badalassi Carlo Tannery
- Dry-milled surface finished with wax
- Beautiful natural pull-up effect and distressed look
- Ideal for bags, briefcases, wallets, belts, harness, saddlery, shoes, binding and covers
The price refers to one whole or half piece of which is indicated the average size
|Quantity||Unit discount||You Save|
|5||5%||Up to €19.38|
|10||7%||Up to €54.25|
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
Shipping and delivery
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
You have 14 days to change your mind! Customized products are not returnable. For detailed condition click here.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Square Shoulder
- Thickness Range Normal (1 ~ 2 mm)
- Exact Thickness 1,8 mm - (4,5 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Pull-Up - Wax
- Finishing Description Pull Up: this leather has a special kind of finishing containing waxes that give to the surface a natural distressed and lived look. This leather lightens on the surface when pulled or bent.
- Dye Completely Passing Through
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 2/6 Soft
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Other Uses Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Size Range Medium (up to 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Minimum size of the whole piece 1,1 m² - 12,2 sq. ft. - 1,3 yd²
- Average size of the whole piece 1,4 m² - 15,5 sq. ft. - 1,7 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- More details about quality Even on the 1° Grade there could be some small imperfections or natural signs characteristic of this kind of leather, which cannot be considered as defects.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Badalassi "Wax" leather is produced by the famous Tannery Badalassi Carlo on vegetable tanned square shoulders. It is characterized by a dry-milled surface finished with wax; the result is a beautiful natural pull-up leather with a distressed look which fits perfectly within the Italian Premium Tradition of veg tan hides. Badalassi Wax leather is an oiled Vacchetta, this is why it has a soft temper, full hand and its surface is very reactive to burnishing.
This leather is ideal for the production of bags, briefcases, wallets, belts, covers, harness, saddlery, shoes, binding, and leather goods in general. The price refers to one whole or half piece of which is indicated the average size.
This item brightens up when bending, the surface can be partially restored with hard rubbing on the grain side.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 1,4 m² - 15,5 sq. ft. - 1,7 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 0,7 m² - 7,7 sq. ft. - 0,8 yd²
It is possible to request the labels of the "Genuine Vegetable Tanned Leather In Tuscany" consortium via email with a separate message after the order. The cost depends on number of labels requested.
Nick P. published the 19/03/2023 following an order made on 17/02/2023
Looks absolutely beautiful , a trick i used for this leather is to manualy twist and bend it in order to reveal some of that character is has and i have to say that it is stuning. It cuts and finishes very nive with tokonole on both the edges and the flesh side. Recommented for wallets but i think that it will be a little bit too expensive for a bag as this is an expensive leather.
Matthias S. published the 10/03/2023 following an order made on 21/02/2023
Grad A leather with next to no imperfections. Can recommend.
Iain G. published the 20/02/2023 following an order made on 28/01/2023
Grade A, superb
Sandra D. published the 02/02/2023 following an order made on 15/01/2023
Très beau cuir,les couleurs du pullup sont magnifiques
Janne K. published the 10/01/2023 following an order made on 13/12/2022
Just love it. Perfect for our women purses. Ordered more with other color.
Duncan S. published the 07/12/2022 following an order made on 12/11/2022
Beautiful leather to work with!
Liam K. published the 15/10/2022 following an order made on 30/09/2022
I'm glad I waited for this hide variant to come back in stock. The pictures don't do it justice. It really is breath taking to behold in person.
Christian H. published the 15/10/2022 following an order made on 30/09/2022
One of the most beautiful leathers i ever had!
Matias K. published the 13/10/2022 following an order made on 13/09/2022
Awesome, flexible, amazing treatment.
- Out of stock