- Badalassi "Minerva Liscio" (Smooth)
- Vegetable tanned square shoulders
- Produced by Badalassi Carlo Tannery
- Aniline finish
- Soft temper
- Very natural and beautiful look
- Oiled Vacchetta leather and burnishable surface
- Ideal for bags, wallets, belts, saddlery, shoes, binding, accessories and tooling
The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Square Shoulder
- Thickness Range Normal (1 ~ 2 mm)
- Exact Thickness 2 mm - (5 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Aniline (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Aniline: the leather finished in this way is characterized by the most natural look and quality. Only the finest kinds of leather coming from the best choices of raw are suitable for this processing. Pros: natural look, top quality.
- Dye Completely Passing Through
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 2/6 Soft
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Other Uses Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Size Range Medium (up to 1,6m² | 18ft² | 2yd²)
- Minimum size of the whole piece 1,1 m² - 12,2 sq. ft. - 1,3 yd²
- Average size of the whole piece 1,4 m² - 15,5 sq. ft. - 1,7 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- More details about quality Even on the 1° Grade there could be some small imperfections or natural signs characteristic of this kind of leather, which are considered an added value. Furthermore, this leather, being very oiled, can show darker lines on the surface.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Badalassi "Minerva Liscio" (Smooth) is a leather produced by the famous Tannery Badalassi Carlo on vegetable tanned square shoulders. It is characterized by an aniline finish surface that make this leather look very natural and beautiful. The mastery of the craftsman who works carefully every single skin allows to obtain precious skins that are appreciated worldwide.
Conceria Badalassi Carlo "Minerva Liscio (Smooth)" is the classical oiled "Vacchetta", it is made in Tuscany and represents the most historical kind of leather available on the market. Thanks to the oil in tanning, this soft temper leather is also very suitable for tooling and carving; moreover if rubbed, this skin usually becomes more shiny and beautiful (burnishable): the usage and time instead of worsening the skin pulls the best out of it.
For these reasons, this leather enters rightfully into the category of the best Italian vegetable tanned leathers. This veg tan shoulder is ideal for the production of bags, briefcases, wallets, belts, harness, saddlery, shoes, binding, and leather goods in general. The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 1,4 m² - 15,5 sq. ft. - 1,7 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 0,7 m² - 7,7 sq. ft. - 0,8 yd²
It is possible to request the labels of the "Genuine Vegetable Tanned Leather In Tuscany" consortium via email with a separate message after the order. The cost depends on number of labels requested.
WE CANNOT SHIP THIS ITEM TO JAPAN OR SOUTH KOREA.
Miriam H. published the 03/08/2022 following an order made on 17/07/2022
Great leather to work with, split very clean, no marks and even colour
Stefan R. published the 10/07/2022 following an order made on 02/07/2022
Phillip Z. published the 26/06/2022 following an order made on 01/06/2022
Guadalupe G. published the 24/03/2022 following an order made on 15/03/2022
Love the leather I received!
Peter J. published the 16/02/2022 following an order made on 18/01/2022
The quality of the leather is excellent, however the size of the half hide is slightly smaller than described on the website. The promised minimum size is 0,7 sqm (07x1,0 m), but the real size is only 0,68 sqm (0,68x1,00 m).
Comment from BuyLeatherOnline the 16/02/2022
Hello Peter, thanks for the order, the size reported on the website is not the minimum but the Average as written. The average size can have a tolerance of 20% to determine the minimum size, as reported on T&C page and FAQ page. Let us know if you need assistance or further info. BR
Comment from Peter J. the 17/02/2022
Thank you for the information!
Alexander T. published the 29/01/2022 following an order made on 19/01/2022
Feels great but unfortunately my batch had some imperfections and ink splashes on it.
Esko K. published the 14/10/2021 following an order made on 28/09/2021
David B. published the 01/10/2021 following an order made on 20/09/2021
Haolin Z. published the 09/07/2021 following an order made on 01/07/2021
1st grade and in top condition. This leather is quite soft and looks very natural.