- Badalassi "Minerva Liscio" (Smooth)
- Vegetable tanned square shoulders
- Produced by Badalassi Carlo Tannery
- Aniline finish
- Soft temper
- Very natural and beautiful look
- Oiled Vacchetta leather and burnishable surface
- Ideal for bags, wallets, belts, saddlery, shoes, binding, accessories and tooling
The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size
|Quantity||Unit discount||You Save|
|5||5%||Up to $21.03|
|10||7%||Up to $58.89|
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Our secure and eco-friendly packaging ensures that the leather arrives at its destination in perfect condition. Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Square Shoulder
- Thickness Range Normal (1 ~ 2 mm)
- Exact Thickness 2 mm - (5 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Aniline (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Aniline: the leather finished in this way is characterized by the most natural look and quality. Only the finest kinds of leather coming from the best choices of raw are suitable for this processing. Pros: natural look, top quality.
- Dye Completely Passing Through
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 2/6 Soft
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Other Uses Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Size Range Medium (up to 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Minimum size of the whole piece 1,1 m² - 12,2 sq. ft. - 1,3 yd²
- Average size of the whole piece 1,4 m² - 15 sq. ft. - 1,7 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- More details about quality Even on the 1° Grade there could be some small imperfections or natural signs characteristic of this kind of leather, which are considered an added value. Furthermore, this leather, being very oiled, can show darker lines on the surface.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Badalassi "Minerva Liscio" (Smooth) is a leather produced by the famous Tannery Badalassi Carlo on vegetable tanned square shoulders. It is characterized by an aniline finish surface that make this leather look very natural and beautiful. The mastery of the craftsman who works carefully every single skin allows to obtain precious skins that are appreciated worldwide.
Conceria Badalassi Carlo "Minerva Liscio (Smooth)" is the classical oiled "Vacchetta", it is made in Tuscany and represents the most historical kind of leather available on the market. Thanks to the oil in tanning, this soft temper leather is also very suitable for tooling and carving; moreover if rubbed, this skin usually becomes more shiny and beautiful (burnishable): the usage and time instead of worsening the skin pulls the best out of it.
For these reasons, this leather enters rightfully into the category of the best Italian vegetable tanned leathers. This veg tan shoulder is ideal for the production of bags, briefcases, wallets, belts, harness, saddlery, shoes, binding, and leather goods in general. The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 1,4 m² - 15,5 sq. ft. - 1,7 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 0,7 m² - 7,7 sq. ft. - 0,8 yd²
It is possible to request the labels of the "Genuine Vegetable Tanned Leather In Tuscany" consortium via email with a separate message after the order. The cost depends on number of labels requested.
Kristian Tore A. published the 13/07/2023 following an order made on 19/06/2023
Love the green color
Ian D. published the 27/06/2023 following an order made on 18/06/2023
Nikos Z. published the 13/06/2023 following an order made on 16/05/2023
Very good, meeting my expectations, I strongly recommend!
Matey T. published the 01/06/2023 following an order made on 12/05/2023
Very pretty. Looks blue against green background, and green against blue. Burnishes beautifully. Easily scratched, though.
Thomas Z. published the 17/04/2023 following an order made on 06/04/2023
Afer J. published the 03/04/2023 following an order made on 06/03/2023
Very nice leather and fast shipping !
Martin C. published the 19/03/2023 following an order made on 14/02/2023
Stunning leather. This will be my go to leather for my luxury briefcases.
Marius Jan H. published the 03/01/2023 following an order made on 02/12/2022
Beautiful leather with a classic leather smell. Soft and smooth, uniform color, easy to work with, and burnishes really nicely. Definitely a good purchase!
Coral P. published the 04/11/2022 following an order made on 17/10/2022
Lovely colour, good quality and size