- Badalassi "Minerva Box" leather
- Natural pebble surface
- Vegetable tanned square shoulders
- Produced by the famous Tannery Badalassi Carlo
- Dry-milled and Aniline finish
- Soft temper
- Ideal for bags, briefcases, wallets, belts, harness, saddlery, shoes, binding, and accessories
The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size
|Quantity||Unit discount||You Save|
|5||5%||Up to $39.66|
|10||7%||Up to $111.06|
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Our secure and eco-friendly packaging ensures that the leather arrives at its destination in perfect condition. Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Square Shoulder
- Thickness Range Normal (1 ~ 2 mm)
- Exact Thickness 2 mm - (5 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Dry-Milled (Tumbled)
- Finishing Description Dry Milled (Tumbled): the leather is put into drums which through heat and movement give it a softer hand a wrinkled surface and a distressed appearance.
- Type of Finishig (Secondary) Aniline
- Dye Completely Passing Through
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 2/6 Soft
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Other Uses Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Size Range Medium (up to 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Minimum size of the whole piece 1 m² - 11 sq. ft. - 1,2 yd²
- Average size of the whole piece 1,3 m² - 14 sq. ft. - 1,6 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- More details about quality Even on the 1° Grade there could be some small imperfections or natural signs characteristic of this kind of leather, which are considered an added value. There may be areas with lots of pebbles and other areas with less pebbles.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Badalassi "Minerva Box" is an item produced by the famous Tannery Badalassi Carlo on vegetable tanned square shoulders. It is characterized by a dry-milled aniline finish, that result in a skin with beautiful natural pebble texture surface. The mastery of the craftsman who works carefully every single skin allows to obtain precious skins that are appreciated worldwide.
Badalassi Minerva Box leather is the classical oiled Vacchetta, it is made in Tuscany and represents the most historical kind of leather available on the market. Thanks to the oil in tanning, this soft temper leather is also very suitable for burnishing: if rubbed, this skin usually becomes more shiny and beautiful: the usage and time instead of worsening the skin pulls the best out of it.
For all these reasons, this leather enters rightfully into the category of the best Italian vegetable tanned leathers. This veg tan shoulder is ideal for the production of bags, briefcases, wallets, belts, harness, saddlery, shoes, binding, and leather goods in general. The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 1,3 m² - 14,4 sq. ft. - 1,6 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 0,65 m² - 7,2 sq. ft. - 0,8 yd²
It is possible to request the labels of the "Genuine Vegetable Tanned Leather In Tuscany" consortium via email with a separate message after the order. The cost depends on number of labels requested.
Alexandra S. published the 23/10/2023 following an order made on 07/10/2023
This hide had many flaws as I normally expected,I couldn’t use the entire leather for my project.
Marius Jan H. published the 12/10/2023 following an order made on 02/10/2023
Amazing leather to work with. Takes burnishing very nicely, has a not too aggressive pebble texture, and feels soft to the touch, but has enough structure and body to not be floppy.
Chloe H. published the 20/09/2023 following an order made on 14/08/2023
Good quality, slightly lighter green than pictured
Matthew W. published the 16/09/2023 following an order made on 10/08/2023
Perfect Minerva box, lovely for bags.
Fadi E. published the 11/08/2023 following an order made on 22/07/2023
Love the feel of this leather, It has the perfect touch for a roll-top backpack.
Marc C. published the 07/07/2023 following an order made on 29/06/2023
great leather texture and smell.
Urban G. published the 02/07/2023 following an order made on 18/06/2023
This leather is just perfect, you can not makes with Badalassi vacchetta.
Charles B. published the 13/06/2023 following an order made on 29/05/2023
Great leather and quick shipping!
Tamara B. published the 07/06/2023 following an order made on 16/05/2023
Best leather I know
Michael W. published the 19/03/2023 following an order made on 07/03/2023
The Minerva Box leather is top notch! I had this split down really thin to use for lining or small leather goods. It really adds to the things I make. It ages really nice to a great patina. Will be ordering more.