- Badalassi "Minerva Box" leather
- Natural pebble surface
- Vegetable tanned square shoulders
- Produced by the famous Tannery Badalassi Carlo
- Dry-milled and Aniline finish
- Soft temper
- Ideal for bags, briefcases, wallets, belts, harness, saddlery, shoes, binding, and accessories
The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size
|Quantity||Unit discount||You Save|
|5||5%||Up to €36.73|
|10||7%||Up to €102.83|
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
Shipping and delivery
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
You have 14 days to change your mind! Customized products are not returnable. For detailed condition click here.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Square Shoulder
- Thickness Range Normal (1 ~ 2 mm)
- Exact Thickness 2 mm - (5 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Dry-Milled (Tumbled)
- Finishing Description Dry Milled (Tumbled): the leather is put into drums which through heat and movement give it a softer hand a wrinkled surface and a distressed appearance.
- Type of Finishig (Secondary) Aniline
- Dye Completely Passing Through
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 2/6 Soft
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Other Uses Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Size Range Medium (up to 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Minimum size of the whole piece 1 m² - 11 sq. ft. - 1,2 yd²
- Average size of the whole piece 1,3 m² - 14,4 sq. ft. - 1,6 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- More details about quality Even on the 1° Grade there could be some small imperfections or natural signs characteristic of this kind of leather, which are considered an added value. There may be areas with lots of pebbles and other areas with less pebbles.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Badalassi "Minerva Box" is an item produced by the famous Tannery Badalassi Carlo on vegetable tanned square shoulders. It is characterized by a dry-milled aniline finish, that result in a skin with beautiful natural pebble texture surface. The mastery of the craftsman who works carefully every single skin allows to obtain precious skins that are appreciated worldwide.
Badalassi Minerva Box leather is the classical oiled Vacchetta, it is made in Tuscany and represents the most historical kind of leather available on the market. Thanks to the oil in tanning, this soft temper leather is also very suitable for burnishing: if rubbed, this skin usually becomes more shiny and beautiful: the usage and time instead of worsening the skin pulls the best out of it.
For all these reasons, this leather enters rightfully into the category of the best Italian vegetable tanned leathers. This veg tan shoulder is ideal for the production of bags, briefcases, wallets, belts, harness, saddlery, shoes, binding, and leather goods in general. The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 1,3 m² - 14,4 sq. ft. - 1,6 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 0,65 m² - 7,2 sq. ft. - 0,8 yd²
It is possible to request the labels of the "Genuine Vegetable Tanned Leather In Tuscany" consortium via email with a separate message after the order. The cost depends on number of labels requested.
Tamara B. published the 07/06/2023 following an order made on 16/05/2023
Best leather I know
Matey T. published the 19/03/2023 following an order made on 28/02/2023
Amazing leather. A clean cut is almost as good as burnished. I shouldn't have ordered it split at 1.5mm, got a bit soft for my project, my bad. Next time I will trust the default thickness the site suggests.
Michael W. published the 19/03/2023 following an order made on 07/03/2023
The Minerva Box leather is top notch! I had this split down really thin to use for lining or small leather goods. It really adds to the things I make. It ages really nice to a great patina. Will be ordering more.
Alexandra S. published the 17/03/2023 following an order made on 21/02/2023
Excellent as always.
Caroline L. published the 01/03/2023 following an order made on 12/02/2023
Perfect for my next handbag project!
Deb G. published the 25/01/2023 following an order made on 04/01/2023
This veg tan leather has a subtle blue-gray color and a beautiful hand. It is as flexible as chrome tan.
Wesley P. published the 17/12/2022 following an order made on 27/11/2022
No words, leather is perfect! 10/10
Budi Raymond D. published the 07/12/2022 following an order made on 01/11/2022
comes as I expected!
Jeff H. published the 30/10/2022 following an order made on 30/09/2022
The leather quality, color and temper were right on the mark. I was disappointed in the graining. Much of the shoulder had washed out grain and was inconsistent. Some of this was due to edges on the shoulder, but the main body should have been consistent. I'm hoping this is an anomaly and plan on ordering more. If the grain was consistent I would have given a 5 star review
Comment from BuyLeatherOnline the 18/10/2022
Thank you Jeff for the feedback, Badalassi "Minerva Box" has a very natural finish and the grain is irregular over the entire surface, as it is dry-milled and not printed, this is the beauty of this type of leather. The dry-milled process is very natural, in fact each leather has a different grain. If you need a regular grain surface we recommend Walpier "Dollar".
Comment from Jeff H. the 18/10/2022
Ok thank you for the information. I must have misunderstood when I ordered. The leather is very nice. That wasn't my complaint so as I said a mistake on my part
- Ivory - Off-White
- Beige - Natural
- Sand Beige
- Light Orange - Salmon
- Brick Red
- Antique Pink
- Light Purple - Magenta
- Light Green
- Medium Green
- Olive Green Light
- Normal Army Green
- Dark Green
- Air Force Blue
- Light Blue
- Sky Blue - Azure
- Dark Blue
- Camel Brown
- Light Brown
- Medium Brown
- Dark Brown
- Taupe - Dove
- Light Grey
- Normal Grey
- Dark Grey