- Ecbatana leather
- Vegetable tanned square shoulders
- Produced by Badalassi Carlo tannery
- Oiled Vachetta
- Soft temper
- Hand buffered aniline
- Particular surface worked by hand
- Each skin is unique
- Ideal for bags, satchels, briefcases, wallets, belts, shoes, harness, saddlery and binding
The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Square Shoulder
- Thickness Range Normal (1 ~ 2 mm)
- Exact Thickness 1,6 mm - (4 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Aniline (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Aniline: the leather finished in this way is characterized by the most natural look and quality. Only the finest kinds of leather coming from the best choices of raw are suitable for this processing. Pros: natural look, top quality.
- Type of Finishig (Secondary) Hand Buffered
- Dye Completely Passing Through
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 2/6 Soft
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Other Uses Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Size Range Medium (up to 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Minimum size of the whole piece 1,1 m² - 12,2 sq. ft. - 1,3 yd²
- Average size of the whole piece 1,4 m² - 15,5 sq. ft. - 1,7 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- More details about quality Even on the 1° Grade there could be some small imperfections or natural signs characteristic of this kind of leather, which are considered an added value.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Badalassi "Ecbatana" is a leather produced by the famous Tannery Badalassi Carlo on vegetable tanned square shoulders, with hand buffered aniline. It is characterized by a an unique surface worked by hand so each skin is different from the other. Thanks to the mastery of the craftsman who works carefully every single skin a very particular and highly appreciated leather is obtained.
Badalassi "Ecbatana" leather is a classical oiled vacchetta, and it is produced following the best Tuscany tradition that it is considered the best tanning process in the world. For all these reasons, this leather enters rightfully into the category of the best Italian vegetable tanned leathers.
The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size.
About Ecbatana name
Ecbatana was an ancient city of the MEDI reign (now Iran) founded in VI century b.C. and connected with Smirne (on the Aegean sea) through the 300 Km originally known as the Royal Road of Persia. According to the historian Erodotus (V century b.C.) that way was the central core of what , with Alessandro Magno, became the historic “Silk Road”. A myth of the trip, that united the Mediterranean to the Far East in the ancient world. To this myth we dedicate this article, calling it just with the name of one of the two terminus cities of the original route. The result is a leather with a worn look and natural, just as the great travellers were, that very well fits in the Carlo Badalassi philosophy: giving value to the naturalness of the leather, even through the imperfections.
Appearance and production process of Ecbatana leather
The base of Ectabana is a vegetable tanned leather and fatliquored with animal fat, following the tradition. The further phases consist in skilled artisan manufactures, in fact all the engravings, holes and scratches are totally handmade. You will not have a skin like another. Next step is the coloring, this also handmade and at the end we do a polishing with amber stone.
The final result is an article with a strong personality and great originality that , for sure, will not be afraid neither of the time nor of the trends. Fashions fade in memory, but the Silk Road remains.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 1,4 m² - 15,5 sq. ft. - 1,7 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 0,7 m² - 7,7 sq. ft. - 0,8 yd²
It is possible to request the labels of the "Genuine Vegetable Tanned Leather In Tuscany" consortium via email with a separate message after the order. The cost depends on number of labels requested.
WE CANNOT SHIP THIS ITEM TO JAPAN OR SOUTH KOREA.
Keith T. published the 05/11/2022 following an order made on 22/10/2022
The pictures of the Ecbatana leather varied in the amount of distressing with each color. I was hoping for a piece that had a lesser amount of distressing. The amount on my piece fell within what I saw on the product pictures, so not a negative. Still beautiful leather!
Bernd G. published the 30/10/2022 following an order made on 14/10/2022
So easy to work with, top quality
Pedro L. published the 26/01/2022 following an order made on 05/01/2022
- On sale!