- Hand-buffered (dyed) vegetable tanned calf leather
- Aniline dyed
- Dry-milled (tumbled)
- Glossy and soft leather
- Antique effect
- Ideal for all kinds of big and small leather goods like cases, book binding, luggage, belts, saddlery, covers, bags, shoes, wallets and medium-small upholstery projects.
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
Shipping and delivery
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
You have 14 days to change your mind! Customized products are not returnable. For detailed condition click here.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Half Calfskin
- Thickness Range Normal (1 ~ 2 mm)
- Exact Thickness 1,8 mm - (4,5 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
Type of Finishing (Primary)
Aniline (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Hand-buffed: it is a leather that has been colored by hand with dyes (usually aniline) following the most ancient craft techniques. The result is a "unique" skin, with a deep color and natural appearance thanks to the multi-tone effect.
- Type of Finishig (Secondary) Dry Milled (Tumbled): the leather is put into drums which through heat and movement give it a wrinkled and distressed look and a soft hand.
- Dye By hand
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 2/6 Soft
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Other Uses Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Other Uses (2) Furniture, Upholstery and Coverings. This kind of leather is intended to cover chairs, tables, puffs, sofa leather, carpet, armchairs, furniture, automotive interiors but it's also usable for every purpose.
- Size Range Large (more than 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Average size of the whole piece 2,2 m² - 25 sq. ft. - 2,6 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- More details about quality Due to the very natural type of finishing, it is possible to find, even on the first grades, small imperfections that are not considered defects.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Glossy soft dry-milled (tumbled) vegetable tanned calf sides leather with antique effect given by hand-buffered (dye) aniline finishing, ideal for all kinds of big and small leather goods such as: cases, book binding, luggage, belts, saddlery, covers, bags, shoes, wallets and medium-small upholstery projects.
The price refers to one whole or half piece of which is indicated the average size.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 2,2 m² - 25 sq. ft. - 2,6 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 1,1 m² - 12,2 sq. ft. - 1,3 yd²
Jennifer C. published the 02/02/2023 following an order made on 10/01/2023
Very satisfied with the process and the product
Liane Mary T. published the 23/11/2022 following an order made on 31/10/2022
Igor S. published the 05/12/2021 following an order made on 16/11/2021
What I expected. excellent!
Anonymous customer published the 14/11/2021 following an order made on 03/11/2021
Mycket nöjd med kvalitén på skinnet och på färgen.
Anonymous customer published the 15/09/2021 following an order made on 14/08/2021
I like it
Anonymous customer published the 02/07/2021 following an order made on 23/06/2021
Very good value and lovely product.
Anonymous customer published the 20/05/2021 following an order made on 13/05/2021
Anonymous customer published the 04/05/2021 following an order made on 20/04/2021
Beautiful leather split to thickness I requested
Anonymous customer published the 30/03/2021 following an order made on 07/03/2021
Great hide with a lovely hand dyed finish. The size was a bonus too it was huge.