- Vegetable tanned dry milled (tumbled) calfskin leather
- Oiled leather (animal oil)
- Matt semi-aniline finishing
- Soft temper
- Ideal for leather goods such as bags, backpacks, luggage, belts, saddlery, covers, shoes, wallets, craft and binding
The price refers to one whole or half piece of which is indicated the average size
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
Shipping and delivery
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
You have 14 days to change your mind! Customized products are not returnable. For detailed condition click here.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Half Calfskin
- Thickness Range Normal (1 ~ 2 mm)
- Exact Thickness 1,5 mm - (4 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
Type of Finishing (Primary)
- Finishing Description Dry Milled (Tumbled): the leather is put into drums which through heat and movement give it a softer hand a wrinkled surface and a distressed appearance.
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 2/6 Soft
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Size Range Large (more than 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Average size of the whole piece 2,5 m² - 27 sq. ft. - 2,9 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- More details about quality Even on the 1° Grade there could be some imperfections or natural signs characteristic of this kind of leather, which are not considered as defects.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Matt dry-milled (tumbled) vegetable tanned calfskin, is a soft temper leather, oiled (animal oil), semi-aniline finished with a used look given by the dry-milling process. It is ideal for leather goods such as bags, backpacks, luggage, belts, saddlery, covers, shoes, wallets, craft and binding. The price refers to one whole or half piece of which is indicated the average size.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 2 m² - 22 sq. ft. - 2,4 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 1 m² - 11 sq. ft. - 1,2 yd²
David O. published the 03/04/2023 following an order made on 01/03/2023
This mat milled leather was perfect for bag making.
Tommi M. published the 03/04/2023 following an order made on 05/03/2023
Juurikin sitä mitä tilasin. Erinomainen.
Albert T. published the 17/03/2023 following an order made on 20/02/2023
Unfortunately too soft temper for what I wanted to use it for. Nice leather otherwise
Comment from BuyLeatherOnline the 07/03/2023
Hello Albert, this leather is rated as Soft 2/6 in the tech sheet, so it is normal it is soft. You can exploit our free sample service worldwide if you need to check the leathers by person before ordering. thank you
Glenn Q. published the 20/02/2023 following an order made on 13/01/2023
Good hide as described.
Marius Jan H. published the 02/02/2023 following an order made on 08/01/2023
Incredibley rustic feeling leather with a distinct smell, soft temper, and a very classic leather texture
Alex R I A. published the 02/08/2022 following an order made on 20/07/2022
Bogdan R. published the 04/07/2022 following an order made on 26/06/2022
The leather is very good quality. I am happy with my order.
Martin D. published the 26/06/2022 following an order made on 26/05/2022
Guyader Le M. published the 14/02/2022 following an order made on 21/01/2022
Très belle peau, de bonne qualité