- Vegetable tanned calf sides leather
- Distressed antique effect (pull-up)
- Oiled leather
- Ideal for bags, harness, shoes upper, aprons but also leather goods such as wallets, covers and leather craft in general
The price refers to one skin of which is indicated the average size
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Half Calfskin
- Thickness Range Thick (2 ~ 3 mm)
- Exact Thickness 2,2 mm - (5,5 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Natural Vegetable (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Natural Vegetable: this finishing, also known as "Crust", is characterized by a natural full grain surface that is clearly visible because the skin is left in its natural state without any kind finishing. It can be used in this state or further refined.
- Type of Finishig (Secondary) Pull Up. This leather has a special kind of finishing tat gives to the surface a fashion, "distressed" and lived effect. This leather lightens on the surface when pulled or bent.
- Dye Completely Passing Through
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 2/6 Soft
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Other Uses Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Size Range Large (more than 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Average size of the whole piece 2,4 m² - 27 sq. ft. - 2,9 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Good - 2° Grade
- More details about quality There could be scratches or natural signs due to the nature of the item.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Distressed antique effect (pull-up) oiled calf sides, vegetable tanned leather. This veg tan calfskin leather is ideal for bags, harness and shoes upper but also aprons, leather goods such as wallets, covers and leather craft in general. The price refers to one skin of which is indicated the average size.
The Pull-Up leather is a special kind of leather with a fashion effect that lightens the surface when pulled or bent.
Characteristics of vegetable leather tanned with oil (sego)
The vegetable tanned leather with “Sego” (animal oil) has peculiarities that distinguish it from normal vegetable tanned leather. The tanning process is the same, the difference lies in the fact that animal fat is added at some point of the process. This causes the leather to assume certain characteristics:
- Greater wear-resistant
- Darker color
- Softer temper
- If rubbed, this leather usually becomes more shiny and beautiful, this fact is linked with the best wear resistance: the usage and time instead of worsening the skin pulls the best out of it.
- The cost of tanning of the Sego leather greatly affects the price, which is why this skins are considered more valuable for the particular workmanship they have undergone.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 2,4 m² - 27 sq. ft. - 2,9 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 1,2 m² - 13 sq. ft. - 1,4 yd²
Stephen H. published the 30/10/2022 following an order made on 03/10/2022
Very nice piece of leather good quality smooth finish the dye is great looking forward to making some projects rubbish
Angelina A. published the 15/10/2022 following an order made on 29/09/2022
This leather is my favourite leather of all the Leathers I have bought. It smells beautiful, it feels beautiful, it burnished really nicely, so much so, went back online and ordered a whole hide. I'm so grateful, thank you so much 💜🙏☘️
Olexander P. published the 15/10/2022 following an order made on 23/09/2022
pull-up effect is not very visible
Aki M. published the 15/10/2022 following an order made on 22/09/2022
Great price vs quality ratio.
Susan P. published the 13/10/2022 following an order made on 07/09/2022
Looks lovely but smells a bit odd. Not a great leather smell.
Janne K. published the 01/08/2022 following an order made on 08/07/2022
Great color and quality
Duncan M. published the 26/06/2022 following an order made on 16/05/2022
Great quality leather. Color and pattern was as pictured and without significant marking on the hide. Would buy again!
Maya A. published the 26/06/2022 following an order made on 23/05/2022
Very nice leather.
Claus L. published the 26/06/2022 following an order made on 12/05/2022
- On sale!
- Out of stock
- On sale!
- On sale!