- Vegetable tanned calf sides leather
- Distressed antique effect (pull-up)
- Oiled leather
- Thickness 2mm (5 oz.)
- Ideal for bags, harness, shoes upper, aprons but also leather goods such as wallets, covers and leather craft in general
The price refers to one skin of which is indicated the average size
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Our secure and eco-friendly packaging ensures that the leather arrives at its destination in perfect condition. Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Half Calfskin
- Thickness Range Thick (2 ~ 3 mm)
- Exact Thickness 2 mm - (5 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Natural Vegetable (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Natural Vegetable: this finishing, also known as "Crust", is characterized by a natural full grain surface that is clearly visible because the skin is left in its natural state without any kind finishing. It can be used in this state or further refined.
- Type of Finishig (Secondary) Pull Up. This leather has a special kind of finishing tat gives to the surface a fashion, "distressed" and lived effect. This leather lightens on the surface when pulled or bent.
- Dye Completely Passing Through
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 2/6 Soft
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Other Uses Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Size Range Large (more than 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Average size of the whole piece 2,6 m² - 28 sq. ft. - 3 yd²
Overall quality of leather
Excellent - 1° Grade
Good - 2° Grade
- More details about quality Given the naturalness of the item, there may be scratches or natural marks even on the 1° grade. The 2° grade may also have a small hole.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Distressed antique effect (pull-up) oiled calf sides, vegetable tanned leather. This veg tan calfskin leather is ideal for bags, harness and shoes upper but also aprons, leather goods such as wallets, covers and leather craft in general. The price refers to one skin of which is indicated the average size.
The Pull-Up leather is a special kind of leather with a fashion effect that lightens the surface when pulled or bent.
Characteristics of vegetable leather tanned with oil (sego)
The vegetable tanned leather with “Sego” (animal oil) has peculiarities that distinguish it from normal vegetable tanned leather. The tanning process is the same, the difference lies in the fact that animal fat is added at some point of the process. This causes the leather to assume certain characteristics:
- Greater wear-resistant
- Darker color
- Softer temper
- If rubbed, this leather usually becomes more shiny and beautiful, this fact is linked with the best wear resistance: the usage and time instead of worsening the skin pulls the best out of it.
- The cost of tanning of the Sego leather greatly affects the price, which is why this skins are considered more valuable for the particular workmanship they have undergone.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece
Oliver K. published the 25/11/2023 following an order made on 11/11/2023
Oliver K. published the 03/11/2023 following an order made on 21/10/2023
Marius Jan H. published the 12/10/2023 following an order made on 02/10/2023
For a grade 2 leather, this is very nice. Only the edges were rough and slightly ripped. The main body of the leather was whole, uniformly finished, and had a very nice and soft feel
Alain M. published the 18/09/2023 following an order made on 05/09/2023
Very good, meeting my expectations, I strongly recommend!
Tetiana S. published the 12/08/2023 following an order made on 25/07/2023
I ordered this leather several time and it has stable good quality. It’s a pleasure to work with this leather. It’s soft, smooth and forgiving leather.
Jakob W. published the 01/08/2023 following an order made on 04/07/2023
I wouldn't know if the size is correct but came in decent condition smell is off too
Hele K. published the 07/06/2023 following an order made on 15/05/2023
Eoin T. published the 03/04/2023 following an order made on 12/03/2023
Grygorii G. published the 19/03/2023 following an order made on 02/03/2023
Very good quality of leather . Very satisfied with the purchase. Relatively fast delivery.
- On sale!
- On sale!