- Vegetable tanned leather bellies.
- B grade economic selection
- Affordable vegetable tanned leather that can be used for small objects, tests, tooling, sandals, straps, labels, leather craft and binding
The price refers to one skin of which is indicated the average size
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Our secure and eco-friendly packaging ensures that the leather arrives at its destination in perfect condition. Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Belly
- Thickness Range Normal (1 ~ 2 mm)
- Exact Thickness 1,8 mm - (4,5 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Natural Vegetable (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Natural Vegetable: this finishing, also known as "Crust", is characterized by a natural full grain surface that is clearly visible because the skin is left in its natural state without any kind finishing. It can be used in this state or further refined.
- Temper 3/6 Normal
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Size Range Small (up to 0,8m² - 9ft²)
- Average size of the whole piece 0,5 m² - 5,5 sq. ft. - 0,6 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Good - 2° Grade
- More details about quality Since the leather is 2° grade and natural, it may have natural defects such as holes, scratches, small spots.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
B grade economic selection vegetable tanned leather bellies. This is an inexpensive vegetable tanned leather that can be used for small objects, tests, tooling, sandals, straps, labels, leather craft and binding.
The price refers to one skin of which is indicated the average size.
Vegetable Tanned Leather Bellies
Vegetable tanned leather bellies require different processing than other leather parts ( single or double butt, front shoulder, etc ) because they have a different shape, different top grain and a different thickness. Consequently , bellies are cut before tanning process and immersed in the drums separately.
Thanks to these features, bellies are very well suitable to production of sandals and leather goods in general. Sometimes they can also be used to achieve belts or objects that require very long lengths, although thickness ( 1-2 mm on average, 3 mm max ) can not be compared to other types of thicker leather (single or double butt, front shoulders ). Finally, like any other vegetable tanned leather, they are perfect for tooling. Bellies also have a vegetable-tanned natural color and a medium temper.
Primary applications of veg tan bellies
Wolfram G. published the 22/10/2023 following an order made on 09/10/2023
Anthony M. published the 18/10/2023 following an order made on 29/09/2023
Always suits my projects especially now I have become more confident in the destination of the leather and not being wasteful with mistakes.
David C. published the 16/10/2023 following an order made on 05/10/2023
First time with bellies and I'm very happy, the leather is great and smells awesome, a pleasure to work with.
Mark F. published the 21/09/2023 following an order made on 04/09/2023
Excellent, exactly as ordered.
Jakob W. published the 01/08/2023 following an order made on 04/07/2023
Weird smell Accurate photo Value
Marianne H. published the 01/08/2023 following an order made on 06/07/2023
Anonymous customer published the 01/08/2023 following an order made on 06/07/2022
I'm quite disappointed with the customer service of Buyleatheronline. They sent the wrong items in the order, and wouldn't offer to fix it because more than 14 days had passed since delivery. Sales within the EU are actually protected by law for 2 years The customer service of Buyleatheronline tried to deny the law several times, and offered a €10 voucher for a €179.47 order. Lastly, customer service then hid my review by falsely reporting the information. Very sneaky behaviour. Please be aware that reviews are being manipulated on this site, check reviews elsewhere before buying.
Comment from BuyLeatherOnline the 20/10/2023
The customer contacted us after 1 year from purchase and after he already used and cut the leather hide in question, pretending to have a big discount. Although we didn't have to, we offered the customer 25% compensation on the value of the piece in question, but the customer declined and resented it. We want to clarify that if the customer has used the leather and only after a year realizes that it is not good, this case does not fall within the terms of return or dispute.
Steffen D. published the 11/07/2023 following an order made on 29/06/2023
very workable piece with fewer than expected surface blemishes for a "B Grade" piece.
Paul C. published the 10/07/2023 following an order made on 30/06/2023
Quality and size as described.
- On sale!
- On sale!
- On sale!
- On sale!
- On sale!