- Natural square shoulder vegetable tanned in Tuscany
- Thickness up to 2mm (5oz.)
- Normal firmness
- A Grade - Very high quality
- Ideal for belts, bags, wallets, binding, saddlery, cases, holsters and tooling, molding, engraving, embossing, dyeing
The price refers to one whole or half piece of which is indicated the average size
Many thicknesses available, select one from the drop-down menù
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Part Square Shoulder
- Thickness Range Normal (1 ~ 2 mm)
- Exact Thickness 2 mm - (5 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Choose one thickness from the drop-down menu
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Natural Vegetable (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Natural Vegetable: this finishing, also known as "Crust", is characterized by a natural full grain surface that is clearly visible because the skin is left in its natural state without any kind finishing. It can be used in this state or further refined.
- Temper 3/6 Normal
- Primary Use Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Secondary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Other Uses Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Other Uses (2) Furniture, Upholstery and Coverings. This kind of leather is intended to cover chairs, tables, puffs, sofa leather, carpet, armchairs, furniture, automotive interiors but it's also usable for every purpose.
- Size Range Medium (up to 1,6m² | 18ft² | 2yd²)
- Average size of the whole piece 1,5 m² - 16,6 sq. ft. - 1,8 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Natural vegetable tanned square shoulders 1-2mm (3-5 oz.) ideal for belts and leather goods such as bags, wallets, binding, saddlery, cases, holsters and craft processing in general: tooling, molding, engraving, embossing, dyeing. This is a very high quality leather, coming from the best European raw hides, in the most cases without any of mark or defect, that has been tanned in Tuscany following the best Italian tanning tradition which represents a worldwide point of reference. The price refers to one whole or half piece of which is indicated the average size.
Many thicknesses available, select one from the drop-down menù.
Main uses of natural vegetable tanned leather
This natural vegetable tanned leather is very versatile, in fact you can use dyes and small accessories to completely change and customize its appearance. This leather is available in various thicknesses and sizes, thanks to which it is possible to create different leather accessories, in particular it is perfect for bags, wallets, briefcases and belts: some products made with our natural vegetable tanned shoulders 100% made in Italy are shown below.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 1,5 m² - 16,6 sq. ft. - 1,8 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 0,75 m² - 8,3 sq. ft. - 0,9 yd²
Italian vegetable tanned square shoulder
Vegetable tanned leather is distinguished from the others by its very natural appearance that skin keeps at the end of this treatment. This process consists of putting the hides inside rotating drums where it gets in contact with a mixture of water and tannins (vegetable substances derived from trees). The appearance of the skin due to the vegetable tanning is extremely natural, leaving its signs and characteristics intact that make it a unique leather, different from any other. This particular aspect makes tanned leather in high demand and used in fashion. Vegetable leathers can be natural (natural color of the tannins) or colored (with specific dyes).
Square shoulders are one of our favorite vegetable-tanned products. This part of leather lends itself particularly well to production of bags and belts due to its square shape which avoids to waste contours of the surface (as is the case for non-square shoulders). It is also used for many other accessories and leather goods.
Finally, a feature that makes this skin so different from any other is the so-called wrinkle that is formed at the center of shoulder. Although an unskilled eye can see it as a defect, it gives more personality to the finished product. This leather is also very suitable for tooling.
Jeff H. published the 27/05/2022 following an order made on 14/05/2022
Vladimir G. published the 27/05/2022 following an order made on 10/05/2022
We are satisfied.
Sandra H. published the 27/03/2022 following an order made on 16/03/2022
Excellent quality and wrapped perfectly for shipping.
Anne P. published the 07/03/2022 following an order made on 23/02/2022
Very nice skin. Nice hold. Nothing to complain about, impeccable.
William D. published the 02/03/2022 following an order made on 11/02/2022
Very clean with minimal areas of unusable leather. Backs were good.
Marion S. published the 30/12/2021 following an order made on 18/12/2021
Very good, would definately buy again!
Philip C. published the 17/12/2021 following an order made on 09/12/2021
Great quality piece of leather. The grain side is a lovely natural colour and very clean. The flesh side has been processed well and is not rough. I would highly recommend and I'll be coming back for more of this.
Walter E. published the 28/09/2021 following an order made on 17/09/2021
, high quality leather
Stafford S. published the 18/09/2021 following an order made on 06/09/2021
A good vegtan for small items such as wallets or gussets for smaller bags.
- On sale!
- On sale!