- Vegetable tanned baby calfskin leather
- Natural finish (crust)
- Very Fine grain
- Low thickness (0,9mm - 2oz.) and soft temper
- Ideal for leather goods making like i.e. bags, shoes, lining, wallets, craft, binding and also hand painting
The price refers to one whole or half piece of which is indicated the average size
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Our secure and eco-friendly packaging ensures that the leather arrives at its destination in perfect condition. Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Baby Calfskin
- Thickness Range Thin (0,4 ~ 1 mm)
- Exact Thickness 0,9 mm - (2 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,6mm (1,5 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Natural Vegetable (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Natural Vegetable: this finishing, also known as "Crust", is characterized by a natural full grain surface that is clearly visible because the skin is left in its natural state without any kind finishing. It can be used in this state or further refined.
- Dye Completely Passing Through
- Temper 2/6 Soft
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Size Range Large (more than 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Average size of the whole piece 1,7 m² - 19 sq. ft. - 2 yd²
Overall quality of leather
Excellent - 1° Grade
Good - 2° Grade
- More details about quality Even on 1° grade there could be one hole due to the breed of the animal. 3° Grade may have some spots or holes, but it is still good.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Natural vegetable tanned thin (0,9mm - 2oz.) baby calfskin leather. This skin is characterized by a finer grain that together with a light color and a soft temper make it the ideal material for leather goods making like bags, shoes, lining, wallets, craft and binding and also hand painting.
The price refers to one whole or half piece of which is indicated the average size.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 1,7 m2 - 18,3 ft²
Average size of the "half piece": 0,85 m2 - 9,2 ft²
Constanze H. published the 01/12/2023 following an order made on 29/07/2023
Super nice to work with
Leanne L. published the 15/11/2023 following an order made on 27/10/2023
Wolfram G. published the 22/10/2023 following an order made on 09/10/2023
Gary B. published the 11/10/2023 following an order made on 20/09/2023
I make shot bags for reinactors that are period correct to the 1750's. This leather is perfect!
Steve C. published the 20/09/2023 following an order made on 27/08/2023
Gary B. published the 11/08/2023 following an order made on 24/07/2023
I have orderd multiple times from this company and the leather is always exceptional. The service is quick and as expected. Great company!
Aleksandr M. published the 28/05/2023 following an order made on 01/05/2023
Charlotte V. published the 29/04/2023 following an order made on 12/04/2023
Just as described
Marius Jan H. published the 19/03/2023 following an order made on 20/02/2023
Very smooth and supple leather. Easy to cut and work with
- On sale!
- On sale!