- European bull leather
- Natural square shoulder
- Vegetable tanned in Tuscany
- Thickness 3,5mm (9oz.)
- Medium firmness
- Exceptional quality - A grade
- Ideal for belts, saddlery and leather goods
The price refers to one whole or half piece of which is indicated the average size
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Part Square Shoulder
- Thickness Range Thick (2 ~ 5 mm)
- Exact Thickness 3,5 mm - (9 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Natural Vegetable (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Natural Vegetable: this finishing, also known as "Crust", is characterized by a natural full grain surface that is clearly visible because the skin is left in its natural state without any kind finishing. It can be used in this state or further refined.
- Temper 4/6 Semi-Hard
- Primary Use Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Secondary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Other Uses Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Size Range Medium (up to 1,6m² | 18ft² | 2yd²)
- Average size of the whole piece 1,5 m² - 16,6 sq. ft. - 1,8 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Heavy 3,5mm (9oz.) natural vegetable tanned square shoulder ideal for belts and leather goods. This is a very high quality leather, coming from the best European Bull raw hides, tanned in Tuscany following the best Italian tanning tradition which represents a worldwide point of reference. In the most cases this leather is without any mark or defect. The price refers to one whole or half piece of which is indicated the average size.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 1,4 m² - 15,5 sq. ft. - 1,7 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 0,7 m² - 7,7 sq. ft. - 0,8 yd²
Vegetable tanned bull leather: heavy square shoulders
|Vegetable tanned leather is distinguished from the others by its very natural appearance that skin keeps at the end of this treatment. This process consists of immersing hides inside of rotating drums where it gets in contact with a mixture of water and tannins (vegetable substance derived from trees). The appearance of the skin due to the vegetable tanning is extremely natural, leaving its signs and characteristics intact that make it a unique leather, different from any other. This particular aspect makes tanned leather in high demand and used in fashion. Vegetable skin can be natural colored (natural color of the mantle) or colored (that its surface remain uncovered after dyes).|
Square shoulders are one of our favorite vegetable-tanned products. This part of leather lends itself particularly well to production of bags and belts due to its square shape which avoids to waste contours of the surface (as is the case for non-square shoulders). It is also used for upholstery and leather goods.
Finally, a feature that makes this skin so different from any other is the so-called wrinkle that is formed at the center of shoulder. Although an unskilled eye can see it as a defect, it gives more personality to the finished product. This leather is also very suitable for tooling.
Viktor L. published the 03/01/2022 following an order made on 07/12/2021
Eddie H. published the 24/12/2021 following an order made on 07/12/2021
Per-Erik S. published the 08/12/2021 following an order made on 27/11/2021
excellent Quality, nothing more to say
Paul B. published the 22/10/2021 following an order made on 07/10/2021
Philipp L. published the 14/09/2021 following an order made on 05/09/2021
Nice piece of leather. Very supple for the starch. Small scars can be seen, but not bad, these are only present on the edge
Esther K. published the 14/08/2021 following an order made on 30/07/2021
Haven't used this yet but the quality is exceptional.
Mario F. published the 03/04/2021 following an order made on 28/03/2021
Best quality, period.
George V. published the 27/11/2020 following an order made on 18/11/2020
Anonymous customer published the 12/09/2020 following an order made on 29/08/2020
Lovely leather for tooling. Easy to work with. Very good quality. Well packed.