- Vegetable tanned double butts (bends)
- Thick leather (4mm - 10oz.)
- Suitable for long belts, leashes, harness and saddlery
- Exceptional quality from the best choices of European Bull Raw Hides
The price refers to one skin of which is indicated the average size
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
Shipping and delivery
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
You have 14 days to change your mind! Customized products are not returnable. For detailed condition click here.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Double Butt (Bend)
- Thickness Range Very Thick (3 ~ 5 mm)
- Exact Thickness 3,8 - 4 mm (10 oz.)
Type of Finishing (Primary)
Aniline (Full Grain)
Natural Vegetable (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Natural Vegetable: this finishing, also known as "Crust", is characterized by a natural full grain surface that is clearly visible because the skin is left in its natural state without any kind finishing. It can be used in this state or further refined.
- Type of Finishig (Secondary) The colored butts are fully finished: aniline (or semi-aniline) finish on the grain side and resin back.
- Dye Completely Passing Through
- Temper 4/6 Semi-Hard
- Primary Use Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Secondary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Other Uses Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Size Range Large (more than 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Minimum size of the whole piece 1,7 m² - 19 sq. ft. - 2 yd²
- Average size of the whole piece 2 m² - 22 sq. ft. - 2,4 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Vegetable Tanned Double Butts (bends) are a very special kind of thick leather suitable for long belts, leashes, harness. This veg tan leather material is characterized by an exceptional quality since it comes from the best choices of European Bull Raw Hides and it is tanned in Italy. Nothing can be compared to this quality in the vegetable tanning field. The price refers to one skin of which is indicated the average size.
There are two kind of finishes among which you can choose:
- The Natural color double butts are in "crust" (not finished): natural surface, without any kind of finishing, can be used in this way of further refined by hand.
- The Colored vegetable tan double butts are fully finished: aniline (or semi-aniline) on the grain side, resin on back side, so they are ready to use i.e. for cutting belts.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 2 m² - 22 sq. ft.
Average size of the "half piece": 1 m² - 11 sq. ft.
Vegetable tanned double butts (double bends)
Veg tanned leather is part of Italian culture and DNA. In fact, vegetable tanning was invented by Etruscan in 800 A.C. Today, it is one of the jewels of Italian industry; in particular, vegetable tanned leather has its roots in Tuscany and it is there where today veg tanned leather is produced in the most noble and qualitatively better shape following tradition and experience that this land has accumulated over the years. Vegetable tanning skin process is in fact much more difficult than we might think: it requires lot of experience, it is needed to know in detail all various types of raw hides and all chemical processes involved. Tanning is similar to cooking good food: you have to choose the right recipe.
Coming from best raw choices of national slaughterhouse, our butts are derived from bull hides which are of the highest quality; they shows little or no sign or defect and thicknesses is generous as well as size of the skin that allow you to realize several belts thanks to its square shape and its length that can be up to meter and a half. Another widespread use of double butts is for saddlery because they are very suitable for bridles and harnesses for horses in addition to riding and motorcycle saddles . Finally, double butts are also very appropriate for tooling and engravings.
Main applications of veg tan double butts
Peter W. published the 19/04/2023 following an order made on 30/03/2023
Douglas D. published the 25/09/2022 following an order made on 29/08/2022
I'm sorry but this was not up to the number 1st class leather as it does not show the same quality that you send
Comment from BuyLeatherOnline the 19/09/2022
Thank you for the order Pls before leaving a negative review contact us in case of problems Mistakes can always happen (especially with leather that is a natural material) and we are always open to offer you the best solution We care a lot about customers and opinions, a rating of 1/5 is a completely disaster and we would like to know what is the problem and pls provide us some pictures to email@example.com
Amélie F. published the 03/09/2022 following an order made on 10/08/2022
Douglas D. published the 26/06/2022 following an order made on 10/06/2022
Exactly what I ordered
Bruno G. published the 26/06/2022 following an order made on 26/05/2022
that's what I need
Matthew W. published the 27/05/2022 following an order made on 16/05/2022
Simon R. published the 19/01/2022 following an order made on 04/01/2022
This double butt was the best offer i could find and is around 150cm in length allowing to make belts for most people. It is beautifully finnished on flesh side and dyes through. It takes a cold crease well but would still recommend heating it. It cuts beatifully, it takes an edge well, isnt that easily scratched as some leathers are, all in all i would recommend it to anyone that will be making belts.
Anonymous customer published the 10/11/2021 following an order made on 29/10/2021
As I said I make Leather belts, this veg tan double butt is too good for my purpose, it elevates from superior quality to Paramount quality.
Anonymous customer published the 05/11/2021 following an order made on 24/10/2021
Beautiful hide, pretty much no imperfections. On the thin side, but still enough thickness for my use-case. Would def purchase again.
- Ivory - Off-White
- Beige - Natural
- Dark Red - Cherry
- Brick Red
- Antique Pink
- Normal Purple
- Light Green
- Normal Army Green
- Dark Green
- Emerald - Water Green
- Light Blue
- Sky Blue - Azure
- Navy Blue
- Dark Blue
- Camel Brown
- Light Brown
- Medium Brown
- Dark Brown
- Military Tan
- Taupe - Dove
- Normal Grey
- On sale!
- Out of stock