- Natural vegetable tanned square shoulder
- European bull leather
- Made in Tuscany
- Thickness 2,5-3mm (6-7oz.)
- Semi-rigid firmness
- Very high quality - A grade
- Ideal for belt, saddlery and leather goods
The price refers to one whole or half piece of which is indicated the average size
Select the thickness you want from the drop-down menu
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Our secure and eco-friendly packaging ensures that the leather arrives at its destination in perfect condition. Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Square Shoulder
- Thickness Range Thick (2 ~ 3 mm)
2,5 mm - (6 oz.)
3 mm - (7,5 oz.)
Other Thicknesses Available
Choose one thickness from the drop-down menu
Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Natural Vegetable (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Natural Vegetable: this finishing, also known as "Crust", is characterized by a natural full grain surface that is clearly visible because the skin is left in its natural state without any kind finishing. It can be used in this state or further refined.
- Temper 4/6 Semi-Hard
- Primary Use Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Secondary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Other Uses Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Size Range Medium (up to 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Average size of the whole piece 1,5 m² - 16,2 sq. ft. - 1,8 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Natural vegetable square shoulder 2,5-3mm (6-7oz.) for belts and leather goods. This is a very high quality leather, coming from the best European Bull raw hides, in the most cases without any of mark or defect, that has been tanned in Tuscany following the best Italian tanning tradition which represents a worldwide point of reference. The price refers to one whole or half piece of which is indicated the average size. Select the thickness you need from the drop-down menu.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Vegetable tanned leather: Square shoulders
Vegetable tanned leather is distinguished from the others by its very natural appearance that skin keeps at the end of this treatment. This process consists of immersing hides inside of rotating drums where it gets in contact with a mixture of water and tannins (vegetable substance derived from trees). The appearance of the skin due to the vegetable tanning is extremely natural, leaving its signs and characteristics intact that make it a unique leather, different from any other. This particular aspect makes tanned leather in high demand and used in fashion. Vegetable skin can be natural colored ( natural color of the mantle ) or colored (that its surface remain uncovered after dyes).
Square shoulders are one of our favorite vegetable-tanned products. This part of leather lends itself particularly well to production of bags and belts due to its square shape which avoids to waste contours of the surface (as is the case for non-square shoulders). It is also used for upholstery and leather goods.
Finally, a feature that makes this skin so different from any other is the so-called wrinkle that is formed at the center of shoulder. Although an unskilled eye can see it as a defect, it gives more personality to the finished product. This leather is also very suitable for tooling.
Michael M. published the 20/10/2023 following an order made on 02/10/2023
Fran O. published the 17/10/2023 following an order made on 03/10/2023
Great clean product.
JaY H. published the 11/10/2023 following an order made on 28/09/2023
Dorian L. published the 01/07/2023 following an order made on 15/06/2023
Wirklich Spitzenquallität zu dem Preis.
Matey T. published the 17/03/2023 following an order made on 20/02/2023
Great value for money, very fresh and crisp. I wish it were available in 1 mm thickness, too.
Eric R. published the 10/03/2023 following an order made on 06/02/2023
Fast delivery of beautiful leather
Andrew H. published the 01/03/2023 following an order made on 03/02/2023
The right thickness as requested and looks like a very nice product
Kimmo H. published the 26/08/2022 following an order made on 28/07/2022
Eddie H. published the 14/07/2022 following an order made on 01/07/2022
- On sale!
- Out of stock