- Vegetable tanned heavy bull's dorsal
- Oiled leather
- Special tanning receipt for bridles and leashes
- Extra long size up to 240cm (94"in)
- Very thick leather 5,5mm (14oz.) or 5mm (13 oz.)
- Made in Italy
- Ideal for the production of bridles, leashes, harnesses, belts, saddlery and gun holders
The price refers to one skin of which is indicated the average size
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Our secure and eco-friendly packaging ensures that the leather arrives at its destination in perfect condition. Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Dorsal
- Thickness Range Ultra Thick (5 ~ 6 mm)
5 mm - (13 oz.)
5,5 mm - (14 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Natural Vegetable (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Natural Vegetable: this finishing, also known as "Crust", is characterized by a natural full grain surface that is clearly visible because the skin is left in its natural state without any kind finishing. It can be used in this state or further refined.
- Dye Completely Passing Through
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 5/6 Hard
- Primary Use Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Secondary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Size Range Large (more than 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Minimum size of the whole piece 1,6 m² - 17,8 sq. ft. - 1,9 yd²
- Average size of the whole piece 2 m² - 22 sq. ft. - 2,4 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Good - 2° Grade
- More details about quality These leathers are classified as 2nd grade as, due to their large size and the type of tanning, they could present various natural marks or stains.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Extra long vegetable tanned heavy bull's dorsal, ideal for the production of bridles, leashes, harnesses, belts, saddlery and gun holders. This is a very thick leather, 5,5mm (14oz.) or 5mm (13 oz.) with the addition of oil during tanning.
The price refers to one skin of which is indicated the average size.
- The average length of these hides is about 240 cm (94 in)*
- The average width is about 70 cm (27 in)*
*these are only average measures, there could be variations in the skin received as each skin is, by its nature, different
Characteristics of natural vegetable leather tanned with Sego Oil
The vegetable tanned leather with “Sego” (animal oil) has peculiarities that distinguish it from tanned leather to natural plant. The tanning process is the same, the difference lies in the fact that animal fat is added at some point of the process. This causes the leather to assume certain characteristics:
- Greater wear-resistant.
- Darker color tending to the cognac.
- If rubbed, this leather usually becomes more shiny and beautiful, this fact is linked with the best wear resistance: the usage and time instead of worsening the skin pulls the best out of it.
- The cost of tanning of the Sego leather greatly affects the price, which is why this skins are considered more valuable for the particular workmanship they have undergone.
Vegetable Tanned Leather: Heavy dorsal for bridles
This type of leather is very special as its production is very difficult and the raw material is scarce. Only the best heavy European bull can be used to make this particular product. The specific tanning method used, belonging to the ancient Tuscan tradition, enhances the natural characteristics of the leather and offers a superior quality of the fibers.
This particular tanning method, designed specifically for the bridles, ensures that the leather is not too elastic and does not stretch or deform while riding.
Primary Uses of bull dorsal
Jeremy B. published the 03/04/2023 following an order made on 12/02/2023
Lots of scars, tears, inconsistencies, etc.
Comment from BuyLeatherOnline the 20/03/2023
Hello Jeremy, thanks for the order and feedback, yes this item actually is very natural and have some imperfections, this is due to the high thickness and oil tanning that put in evidence even the minimal sign. Indeed this item is rated as 2° grade and in the tech sheet the natural signs and irregularities are mentioned. We are Changing the raw materials for future productions to improve this aspect. Thanks
Comment from Jeremy B. the 21/03/2023
Yes, I based my purchase both on the pictures, which make this product appear to have very little inconsistences. I know leather will always have variations, but this one specifically has more than I typically see on Grade 2. I will keep this in mind for future purchases.
Anonymous customer published the 02/12/2020 following an order made on 08/11/2020
Anonymous customer published the 19/06/2020 following an order made on 28/05/2020
- On sale!
- On sale!