- Single butt
- Hard outsole leather
- Vegetable tanning
- Natural finish
- Thick thickness (choose one from the menù)
- Ideal for making the soles of high-quality boots and shoes and for other purposes, as well as for shoe repairing and resoling
The price refers to one skin of which is indicated the average size
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Double Butt (Bend)
- Thickness Range Thick (2 ~ 5 mm)
- Other Thicknesses Available Choose one thickness from the drop-down menu
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Natural Vegetable (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Natural Vegetable: this finishing, also known as "Crust", is characterized by a natural full grain surface that is clearly visible because the skin is left in its natural state without any kind finishing. It can be used in this state or further refined.
- Temper 6/6 Very Hard
- Primary Use Sole-Leather. This Leather is thick, strong and it's used for making the soles of boots and shoes, and for other purposes. This is 100% Italian vegetable tanned leather.
- Size Range Medium (up to 1,6m² | 18ft² | 2yd²)
- Average size of the whole piece 0,8 m² - 8,8 sq. ft. - 1 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
The single butt out-sole hard leather natural finish, in an Italian vegetable tanned leather with a thick thickness up to 5mm (13oz.) and it's used for making the soles of high quality boots and shoes, and for other purposes, as well as for shoe repairing and resoling. The price refers to one skin of which is indicated the average size.
Leather (out) sole: single butt vegetable tanned
Leather outsole is vegetable tanned leather almost exclusively used to make soles of shoes. Its main features are stiffness and thickness . Its increased stiffness is essential for creating comfortable soles, while its high thickness (about 4.5 mm ) ensures great resistance. Single butts butts are made from central part of the whole skin, just below animal's shoulders (as you can see in the image below).
Although single (and double) butts are the ideal skin for belts (thanks to their square shape), they are also very indicated for leather outsoles, thanks to their high thickness, despite also shoulder and bellies are suitable for this use.
Single butts of leather soles are also perfect leather for tooling thanks to their hard temper and vegetable tanning, two fundamental qualities in order to make this kind of craftsmanship.
Primary uses of out-sole leather
- Leather Outsoles
- Leather for Tooling
Oly D. published the 26/06/2022 following an order made on 03/06/2022
James J. published the 21/05/2022 following an order made on 03/05/2022
Tommi M. published the 30/03/2022 following an order made on 17/03/2022
Susana T. published the 29/12/2021 following an order made on 06/12/2021
Very good quality I strongly recommend
Sami P. published the 19/11/2021 following an order made on 27/10/2021
Amy R. published the 28/10/2021 following an order made on 11/10/2021
It's good leather and what I needed for my project.
Paul B. published the 22/10/2021 following an order made on 07/10/2021
Margret Gudrun J. published the 06/09/2021 following an order made on 04/08/2021
Ian A. published the 29/07/2021 following an order made on 15/07/2021
- On sale!
- Out of stock
- Out of stock