Patent sheepskin in solid colors, is a very soft (nappa) and thin fashionable leather with a glossy patent finish. This premium material is perfect for bags, shoes and garment but also other uses like lining, wallets, craft and binding. The price refers to one skin of which is indicated the average size.
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Our secure and eco-friendly packaging ensures that the leather arrives at its destination in perfect condition. Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Chrome Tanning
- Type of Leather Lambskin - Sheepskin
- Leather Cut Whole Skin
- Thickness Range Thin (0,4 ~ 1 mm)
- Exact Thickness 0,7 mm - (2 oz.)
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Patent
- Finishing Description Patent (Classic): this leather has a glossy surface like a mirror, obtained by applying one or more layers of paints or lacquers, pigmented or not, based on linseed oil, nitrocellulose, polyurethane and/or other synthetic resins.
- Temper 2/6 Soft
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Garment. It is characterized by high quality finishes and reduced thickness which ensure lightness and comfort, this item is suitable for creating gloves, jackets, blazers, coats and many other leather garment items.
- Other Uses Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Size Range Small (up to 0,8m² - 9ft²)
- Minimum size of the whole piece 0,4 m² - 5 sq. ft. - 0,5 yd²
- Average size of the whole piece 0,5 m² - 5,5 sq. ft. - 0,6 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Patent Sheepskin in solid colors, is a very soft (nappa) and thin fashionable leather with a glossy patent finish. This premium material is perfect for bags, shoes and garment but also other uses like lining, wallets, craft and binding. The price refers to one skin of which is indicated the average size.
Niklas E. published the 01/08/2023 following an order made on 13/07/2023
Anton N. published the 01/03/2023 following an order made on 13/02/2023
Sebastien L. published the 10/12/2022 following an order made on 25/11/2022
I've worked with leather enough to not be entitled and expect perfection, but one of my two pieces has a fairly big mark across most of its width about 1/3 from one end. Since I tend to make larger pieces, this is seriously going to hinder my use of this one. It looks like it's in the lacquer finish, not the skin, so that's disappointing. For the rest, I love this leather, the finish is gorgeous and it's a great cover piece.
Bastian T. published the 07/11/2022 following an order made on 19/10/2022
Tamlyn H. published the 15/10/2022 following an order made on 16/09/2022
Perfect for my current project - the finished item will soon appear at Worm Eats Bird (wormeats.com) - Thank you : )
Virginia V. published the 31/08/2022 following an order made on 05/08/2022
I must say that I was surprised to discover that not only the colour was beautifully saturated but also the skin was very soft. It went beyond my expectation. I am looking forward to begin to craft with it.
Jahvon M. published the 01/08/2022 following an order made on 09/07/2022
These run smaller but are super great and thin easy to work with
Anonymous customer published the 09/02/2022 following an order made on 16/01/2022
Beautiful colour! Great value.
Anonymous customer published the 31/01/2022 following an order made on 01/01/2022
I got such beautiful leather I was in awe. I will buy this again for sure.