- Vegetable tanned oiled leather heavy calf sides
- Big size skins
- Thickness 2,5mm (6 oz.)
- Soft temper
- Very high quality/size price ratio
- Ideal for leather goods such as bags, handmade shoes and craft, lining, wallets, belts, backpacks and binding
The price refers to one whole or half piece of which is indicated the average size
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Half Calfskin
- Thickness Range Thick (2 ~ 3 mm)
- Exact Thickness 2,5 mm - (6 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Natural Vegetable (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Natural Vegetable: this finishing, also known as "Crust", is characterized by a natural full grain surface that is clearly visible because the skin is left in its natural state without any kind finishing. It can be used in this state or further refined.
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 2/6 Soft
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Other Uses Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Size Range Large (more than 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Average size of the whole piece 2,3 m² - 26 sq. ft. - 2,8 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Good - 2° Grade
- More details about quality On lower grades (3° Grade), this leather may have some holes, natural markings and stains. On the 2° Grade there may be some imperfections or natural signs characteristic of this kind of leather, which can not be considered as defects.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Big size vegetable tanned oiled (vacchetta) heavy calf sides 2,5mm (6 oz.) leather, soft temper, ideal for leather goods such as bags, handmade shoes and craft, lining, wallets, belts, backpacks and binding. This product has a very high quality/size price ratio. The price refers to one whole or half piece of which is indicated the average size.
Characteristics of Vegetable Tanned Oiled Leather (Vacchetta)
The vegetable vacchetta tanned leather has peculiarities that distinguish it from other vegetable tanned hides:
- Greater wear-resistant.
- Darker color tending to the light-brown.
- If rubbed, this leather usually becomes more shiny and beautiful, this fact is linked with the best wear resistance: the usage and time instead of worsening the skin pulls the best out of it.
- The cost of tanning of the oiled leather greatly affects the price, which is why this skins are considered more valuable for the particular workmanship they have undergone.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 2,3 m² - 26 sq. ft. - 2,8 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 1,15 m² - 12,7 sq. ft. - 1,4 yd²
Diane C. published the 09/12/2022 following an order made on 21/11/2022
Lovely product sometimes varies in quality of finish
Julio P. published the 30/10/2022 following an order made on 10/10/2022
The leather you sent me is bad and smells bad I know that is cheap but the quality is bad.
Comment from BuyLeatherOnline the 24/10/2022
Hello Julio thank you for your order and review. The item you are talking about, being an oiled item, has a smell that can sometimes be more pronounced depending on the fatliquors used. In fact, when we talk about tallow leather we are talking about a leather to which animal fats have been added in the tanning process. These fats can vary from article to article and depending on personal tastes they may like it or not. Obviously this is a good priced leather that must be considered as a whole, it is likely that some more expensive items have a more pleasant smell (always depending on taste) but we have never encountered complaints from customers about this particular item about the smell, also because it is the smell that characterizes the real vegetable tanned leather from a fake leather. We definitely suggest leaving your skin in the air so as to mitigate it and contacting us if you have any problems before leaving a negative review sending an email to email@example.com. We are always at your complete disposal to find a solution to the problem (including exchanges of goods or sending replacements when necessary). Thank you
Andrew P. published the 02/03/2022 following an order made on 16/02/2022
Not as clean a d aas good as the last order
Andreas S. published the 04/02/2022 following an order made on 21/01/2022
Good, as always.
Doreen M. published the 03/12/2021 following an order made on 20/11/2021
Just like I wanted perfect
Esther K. published the 14/08/2021 following an order made on 30/07/2021
Again a wonderful product, can highly recommend.
Anonymous customer published the 17/04/2021 following an order made on 06/04/2021
Good as always
Anonymous customer published the 15/03/2021 following an order made on 05/03/2021
This had a crease caused by packing
Anonymous customer published the 09/02/2021 following an order made on 28/01/2021