- Crocodile embossed vegetable tanned calfskin (mock croc)
- Semi-rigid temper
- Ideal for leather goods, wallets, bags, binding, harness, saddlery, covers, belt, sandals, lining, pursues and upholstery
The price refers to one whole or half piece of which is indicated the average size
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Half Calfskin
- Thickness Range Normal (1 ~ 2 mm)
- Exact Thickness 1,4 mm - (3,5 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Embossed
- Finishing Description Embossed: this more pronounced kind of finishing usually imitates the skin of various reptiles (snakes, lizards, crocodiles, ostriches etc..), or re-creates fancy designs.
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 4/6 Semi-Hard
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Other Uses Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Other Uses (2) Furniture, Upholstery and Coverings. This kind of leather is intended to cover chairs, tables, puffs, sofa leather, carpet, armchairs, furniture, automotive interiors but it's also usable for every purpose.
- Size Range Large (more than 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Minimum size of the whole piece 1,6 m² - 17,8 sq. ft. - 1,9 yd²
- Average size of the whole piece 2 m² - 22 sq. ft. - 2,4 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Crocodile embossed veg tan calfskin leather, is a semi-rigid material ideal for the production of leather goods such as wallets, bags, binding, harness, saddlery, covers, belt, sandals, pursues and upholstery. The price refers to one whole or half piece of which is indicated the average size.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 2 m² - 22 sq. ft. - 2,4 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 1 m² - 11 sq. ft. - 1,2 yd²
Crocodile (Mock Croc) Embossed Vegetable Tanned Calfskin Leather
|The vegetable tanned crocodile printed calfskin leather, also called mock croc or cocco, needs a special tanning process to be obtained. The leather is initially vegetable tanned in special drums and greased, subsequently the leather is colored with a layer of pigments and finally a relief print is applied, which requires several steps, in order to obtain a design that imitates the real leather of crocodiles and alligators. This cowhide that mimics genuine crocodile leather is priced significantly lower while maintaining a beautiful and incredibly smooth surface.|
Thanks to these features, crocodile embossed calf skins are very well suitable to production of sandals and other leather goods in general such as bags, wallets, key-chain and so on. Sometimes they can also be used to achieve belts or objects that require very long lengths, although thickness can not be compared to other types of thicker leather (single or double butt, front shoulders ). This leather, like all our products, is carefully selected (first choice) and comes only from the best Italian leather suppliers.
Primary uses of veg tan embossed calf
Patrick R. published the 25/09/2022 following an order made on 10/09/2022
Overall good looking pattern but lacks a bit of dimension. The skin is very sensitive to scratches ( sewing feet marks) The flesh side is very dusty, not to say dirty ( black lines hard to remove ( sanding is ok though but had to protect the croc side properly)
Comment from BuyLeatherOnline the 23/09/2022
Thank you Patrick for your feedback, if you have any problems with the ordered skins you can always send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org We will help you solve the problem or clarify any doubts.
Norlito A. published the 22/02/2022 following an order made on 04/02/2022
Very nice. Great value for the money.
CHECHI C. published the 10/02/2022 following an order made on 29/01/2022
Nice temper and finishing
Mir S. published the 08/02/2022 following an order made on 22/01/2022
As per specification, perfect.
John H. published the 28/01/2022 following an order made on 30/12/2021
Marshall B. published the 14/09/2021 following an order made on 13/07/2021
Perfect color and temper. Ice wallet shells.
Anonymous customer published the 26/03/2021 following an order made on 12/02/2021
I love the embossed leather hav’nt worked it yet.
Anonymous customer published the 19/02/2021 following an order made on 11/02/2021
Very beautiful !
Anonymous customer published the 04/12/2020 following an order made on 23/11/2020
Beautiful for making luggage and backpacks.
- On sale!