- Tempesti "Maine Liscio"
- Vegetable tanned square shoulders
- Produced by Tempesti Tannery
- Very natural surface
- Pure aniline finish
- Natural marks or small spots may be present and are characteristics of this item
- Oiled Vacchetta leather
- Burnishable surface
- Soft temper
- Ideal for bags, satchels, shoes, wallets, belts, saddlery, binding, and accessories
The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size
|Quantity||Unit discount||You Save|
|5||5%||Up to $35.61|
|10||7%||Up to $99.72|
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Our secure and eco-friendly packaging ensures that the leather arrives at its destination in perfect condition. Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Square Shoulder
- Thickness Range Normal (1 ~ 2 mm)
- Exact Thickness 2 mm - (5 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Aniline (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Aniline: the leather finished in this way is characterized by the most natural look and quality. Only the finest kinds of leather coming from the best choices of raw are suitable for this processing. Pros: natural look, top quality.
- Dye Completely Passing Through
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 2/6 Soft
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Other Uses Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Size Range Medium (up to 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Minimum size of the whole piece 1 m² - 11 sq. ft. - 1,2 yd²
- Average size of the whole piece 1,3 m² - 14 sq. ft. - 1,6 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- More details about quality Since this item is a pure aniline, even on the 1° grade there could be several imperfections or natural signs characteristic of this very natural item, which are not considered defects but an added value.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Tempesti "Maine Liscio" is an item produced by the famous Tempesti Tannery on vegetable tanned square shoulders. It is characterized by a very natural surface thanks to the pure aniline finish that leaves the leather naturally uncovered.
This is an oiled (in tanning) leather also called "Classical Vacchetta" and for this reason it has a soft hand and a very reactive surface when brushed by hand (burnishable). Since the surface of the leather is very natural it is possible to see some natural marks and spots that are considered not defects but an added value.
For all these reasons, Tempesti Maine leather enters rightfully into the category of the best Italian vegetable tanned leathers. This veg tan shoulder is ideal for the production of shoes, bags, satchels, briefcases, wallets, belts, harness, saddlery, binding, and leather goods in general. The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size.
If rubbed, this leather usually becomes more shiny and beautiful, this fact is linked with the oil in tanning: the usage and time instead of worsening the skin pulls the best out of it.
Details about quality:
Tempesti "Maine Liscio" being this an item finished with pure aniline, natural marks such as, spots, scratches and halos of light, could be present also in the first grades, but they are characteristics of this article.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 1,3 m² - 14,4 sq. ft. - 1,6 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 0,65 m² - 7,2 sq. ft. - 0,8 yd²
It is possible to request the labels of the "Genuine Vegetable Tanned Leather In Tuscany" consortium via email with a separate message after the order. The cost depends on number of labels requested.
George P. published the 01/08/2023 following an order made on 15/07/2023
Beautiful naked leather - it will only get better and better
Enrapt L. published the 01/08/2023 following an order made on 17/07/2023
Absolutely beautiful pieces, bright colours, perfect temper- exactly as advertised
Kristian Tore A. published the 13/07/2023 following an order made on 19/06/2023
Great for wallets
David H. published the 13/06/2023 following an order made on 27/05/2023
very nice and high quality leather
Michael S. published the 07/06/2023 following an order made on 16/05/2023
Nice leather, but the cut was significantly under sized. Yes, I understand that the sizes are average, but based on my many purchases in the past, this cut was a lot smaller.
Rolans Z. published the 16/04/2023 following an order made on 03/04/2023
Oanca I. published the 13/04/2023 following an order made on 22/03/2023
This may be not what I’m looking for.
Dimitri W. published the 01/03/2023 following an order made on 07/02/2023
Very soft and perfect weight
Enrico N. published the 03/01/2023 following an order made on 13/11/2022
Excellent color, texture and density. Very easy to work with. Some natural characteristics are to be expected.
- On sale!