- Tempesti "Maine Liscio"
- Vegetable tanned square shoulders
- Produced by Tempesti Tannery
- Very natural surface
- Pure aniline finish
- Natural marks or small spots may be present and are characteristics of this item
- Oiled Vacchetta leather
- Burnishable surface
- Soft temper
- Ideal for bags, satchels, shoes, wallets, belts, saddlery, binding, and accessories
The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Square Shoulder
- Thickness Range Normal (1 ~ 2 mm)
- Exact Thickness 2 mm - (5 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Aniline (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Aniline: the leather finished in this way is characterized by the most natural look and quality. Only the finest kinds of leather coming from the best choices of raw are suitable for this processing. Pros: natural look, top quality.
- Dye Completely Passing Through
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 2/6 Soft
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Other Uses Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Size Range Medium (up to 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Minimum size of the whole piece 1 m² - 11 sq. ft. - 1,2 yd²
- Average size of the whole piece 1,3 m² - 14,4 sq. ft. - 1,6 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- More details about quality Since this item is a pure aniline, even on the 1° grade there could be several imperfections or natural signs characteristic of this very natural item, which are not considered defects but an added value.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Tempesti "Maine Liscio" is an item produced by the famous Tempesti Tannery on vegetable tanned square shoulders. It is characterized by a very natural surface thanks to the pure aniline finish that leaves the leather naturally uncovered.
This is an oiled (in tanning) leather also called "Classical Vacchetta" and for this reason it has a soft hand and a very reactive surface when brushed by hand (burnishable). Since the surface of the leather is very natural it is possible to see some natural marks and spots that are considered not defects but an added value.
For all these reasons, Tempesti Maine leather enters rightfully into the category of the best Italian vegetable tanned leathers. This veg tan shoulder is ideal for the production of shoes, bags, satchels, briefcases, wallets, belts, harness, saddlery, binding, and leather goods in general. The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size.
If rubbed, this leather usually becomes more shiny and beautiful, this fact is linked with the oil in tanning: the usage and time instead of worsening the skin pulls the best out of it.
Details about quality: being this an item finished with pure aniline, natural marks or small spots could be present also in the first grades but they are characteristics of this article.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 1,3 m² - 14,4 sq. ft. - 1,6 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 0,65 m² - 7,2 sq. ft. - 0,8 yd²
It is possible to request the labels of the "Genuine Vegetable Tanned Leather In Tuscany" consortium via email with a separate message after the order. The cost depends on number of labels requested.
Enrico N. published the 03/01/2023 following an order made on 13/11/2022
Excellent color, texture and density. Very easy to work with. Some natural characteristics are to be expected.
Caroline F. published the 09/12/2022 following an order made on 26/11/2022
Une très belle couleur et un cuir de très belle qualité J'adore
Jason P. published the 07/12/2022 following an order made on 01/11/2022
The leather is very nice and a good size
Janne K. published the 07/12/2022 following an order made on 03/11/2022
This colour was customer request on a project. Colours sometimes doesnt match but this one was perfect!
Coral P. published the 04/11/2022 following an order made on 17/10/2022
I loved the finish of the leather and the colour
Peter M. published the 30/10/2022 following an order made on 04/10/2022
Bad quality, lots of defects, definitely not the first class!
Comment from BuyLeatherOnline the 24/10/2022
Hello Peter, thank you for your order and feedback, item Tempesti Maine Liscio is a very natural item with quite no finish on it and it shows a lot of natural signs even on best grades (we only carry the first grade). This feature is also reported in the product page "Even on the First Grades there could be several imperfections or natural signs characteristic of this very natural item, which are not considered defects but an added value." So yes this is a particular kind of leather and should be appreciate like it is. You can always change item if you don't like it with more "perfect" items. Pls contact us to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance and before leaving a bad review. Thank you
Jesse M. published the 13/10/2022 following an order made on 18/09/2022
Maya A. published the 25/09/2022 following an order made on 14/09/2022
Anton K. published the 25/09/2022 following an order made on 05/09/2022
Good quality beautiful color
- On sale!
- On sale!
- Out of stock
- On sale!