- Vegetable Tanned Leather
- Oiled (with sego)
- 100% Italian Vachetta leather
- Double front shoulder
- Thickness 2,2mm (5,5 oz.)
- Ideal for the production of bags, shopper, boots, belt straps, binding, shoes but also chairs and many other items
The price refers to one whole or half piece of which is indicated the average size
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Front Shoulder
- Thickness Range Thick (2 ~ 3 mm)
- Exact Thickness 2,2 mm - (5,5 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Natural Vegetable (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Natural Vegetable: this finishing, also known as "Crust", is characterized by a natural full grain surface that is clearly visible because the skin is left in its natural state without any kind finishing. It can be used in this state or further refined.
- Dye Completely Passing Through
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 3/6 Normal
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Other Uses Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Other Uses (2) Furniture, Upholstery and Coverings. This kind of leather is intended to cover chairs, tables, puffs, sofa leather, carpet, armchairs, furniture, automotive interiors but it's also usable for every purpose.
- Size Range Large (more than 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Minimum size of the whole piece 1,4 m² - 15,5 sq. ft. - 1,7 yd²
- Average size of the whole piece 1,6 m² - 17,8 sq. ft. - 1,9 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Low - 3° Grade
- More details about quality On 2° grade leather natural signs could be present
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Vegetable Tanned Oiled (with sego) double front shoulder is a 100% Italian Vachetta leather material, produced following the ancient Tuscan tradition, it has a burnishable not refined surface and it is ideal for the production of leather goods such as bags, shopper, boots, belt straps, binding, shoes but also chairs and many other items. The price refers to one whole or half piece of which is indicated the average size.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 1,6 m² - 18 sq. ft. - 1,9 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 0,8 m² - 9 sq. ft. - 1 yd²
Characteristics of natural vegetable leather tanned with "sego" animal oil (Oiled Vachetta)
The vegetable tanned leather with “Sego” (animal oil) has peculiarities that distinguish it from normal veg tan leather. The tanning process is the same, the difference lies in the fact that animal fat is added at some point of the process. This causes the leather to assume certain characteristics, like:
- Greater wear-resistant
- Softer tamper
- Darker color
- If rubbed, this leather usually becomes more shiny and beautiful, this fact is linked with the best wear resistance: the usage and time instead of worsening the skin pulls the best out of it
- The cost of tanning of the Sego leather greatly affects the price, which is why this skins are considered more valuable for the particular workmanship they have undergone
Peculiarities of vegetable tanned oiled (with sego) front shoulder leather
Front shoulder is the upper half of a whole skin. Thanks to vegetable tanning, this leather looks very natural and its top grain is completely uncovered (without any covering layer). Furthermore, the skin thickness of a vegetable leather is usually greater than other types of tanning, making it perfect for producing goods that require a good tensile strength.
Front shoulder, due to their thickness and their shape, are well suited to production of handbags, leather goods, shoes and saddlery. On the other side, this leather is less suitable for creation of belts since its non-square shape would result in wasting a part of the leather. This skin is treated with vegetable fats (animal oil) which makes it softer and it gives it a darker color (tending to cognac) and protects it from water because fat is a hydrophobic substance.
Mir S. published the 09/12/2022 following an order made on 25/11/2022
👍 ver good as as aspects
Christian O. published the 05/11/2022 following an order made on 24/10/2022
This was a bit more greyish than i thought, pitty, that being Said its a good piece of leather and i already have a perfect idea for a project:)
Comment from BuyLeatherOnline the 04/11/2022
Hello Christian thanks for the comment, that is an oiled crust leather, you need to brush it with a cloth! Since it is reactive it will pull out the real essence and color ;) thanks
Olexander P. published the 15/10/2022 following an order made on 23/09/2022
Emir B. published the 11/09/2022 following an order made on 15/06/2022
Very good leather, the bag will be great.
Mohamed S. published the 15/03/2022 following an order made on 07/03/2022
This is not the first time I buying leather from this site, I bought 405 tan, 303 glossy dark brown 111cm*88cm and 32 black 116cm*96,5cm. I can only say that these are fantastic leather in real height quality, excellent customer service that responds very quickly. I asked for a semples twice and they sent more than 20 somples the next day. I will buy again soon. Im more then happy many thanks
Lísa Inga H. published the 31/01/2022 following an order made on 01/01/2022
Amazing value for money. I can always use black leather and it's so easy to handle and craft from.
Sandra H. published the 07/12/2021 following an order made on 26/11/2021
Nicklas K. published the 15/09/2021 following an order made on 14/08/2021
I like it
Esther K. published the 14/08/2021 following an order made on 30/07/2021
- On sale!