- Vegetable tanned square shoulders
- Dry milled and aniline hand-dyed finish leather
- Premium quality
- Oiled leather (Vachetta)
- Soft temper
- Ideal for bags, belts, wallets, luggage, saddlery, covers, shoes, binding and craft in general
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
Shipping and delivery
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
You have 14 days to change your mind! Customized products are not returnable. For detailed condition click here.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Square Shoulder
- Thickness Range Normal (1 ~ 2 mm)
- Exact Thickness 1,6 mm - (4 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
Type of Finishing (Primary)
Aniline (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Hand-buffed: it is a leather that has been colored by hand with dyes (usually aniline) following the most ancient craft techniques. The result is a "unique" skin, with a deep color and natural appearance thanks to the multi-tone effect.
- Type of Finishig (Secondary) Dry Milled (Tumbled): the leather is put into drums which through heat and movement give it a wrinkled and distressed look and a soft hand.
- Dye By hand
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 2/6 Soft
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Other Uses Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Size Range Medium (up to 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Average size of the whole piece 1,4 m² - 15,5 sq. ft. - 1,7 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- More details about quality Also on the 1° Grade there may be some imperfections or natural signs characteristic of this kind of leather, which can not be considered as defects.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Aniline hand-dyed square shoulder, is a premium oiled (Vacchetta) vegetable tanned leather, refined by hand to get a distressed effect. It has a dry-milled and semi-gloss surface, a soft temper and it's ideal for leather goods like luggage, belts, saddlery, covers, bags, shoes, wallets, craft and binding.
The price refers to one skin whose average size is indicated.
Ken M. published the 12/04/2023 following an order made on 25/03/2023
Gorgeous colour and quality.
Mohamed S. published the 02/08/2022 following an order made on 10/07/2022
Luxurious and classy color
Edda A. published the 26/06/2022 following an order made on 01/06/2022
good quality leather for cutting out large flawless pieces.
Jeff H. published the 27/05/2022 following an order made on 14/05/2022
I will get more of this. I had it split to 2 oz and they did a great job. very even in weight throughout
Harry R. published the 30/03/2022 following an order made on 11/03/2022
Nice quality, I am using this for shoe uppers, and maybe a bag.
Rory M. published the 14/01/2022 following an order made on 02/01/2022
Anonymous customer published the 27/10/2021 following an order made on 15/10/2021
top quality leather
Anonymous customer published the 23/07/2021 following an order made on 09/07/2021
my absolute favourite leather
Anonymous customer published the 08/04/2021 following an order made on 25/03/2021
Anonymous customer published the 07/12/2020 following an order made on 22/11/2020
This was my first purchase of leather thru buyleatheronline.com, but it will not be my last. The leather was perfect for my application (handbag and matching wallet). The thickness, color and workability is exceptional! I used other companies and although their products are excellent (in most cases), this company's leather far surpassed my expectations.