- Natural vegetable tanned leather remnants, scraps and pieces
- Natural (not finished) leather
- Two thicknesses available: 3-4 mm (7-10 oz.) or 1,8-2mm (5 oz.)
- Small size
- Rigid firmness for the tick version, normal firmness for the thinner one
- Suitable for small leather crafts projects and tests, patchwork, small parts of bags and shoes, leather goods, key-chain and small accessories
The quantity shown in the main picture roughly corresponds to 1 kg = 2,2 lbs
The price refers to 1 kg ≃ 2,2 lbs ≃ 0,5 m² ≃ 5 sf² ≃ 770 In² of product
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Our secure and eco-friendly packaging ensures that the leather arrives at its destination in perfect condition. Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
Normal (1 ~ 2 mm)
Very Thick (3 ~ 5 mm)
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Natural Vegetable (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Natural Vegetable: this finishing, also known as "Crust", is characterized by a natural full grain surface that is clearly visible because the skin is left in its natural state without any kind finishing. It can be used in this state or further refined.
- Primary Use Leather Remnants and Scraps of leather useful for creating bags, leather goods, leather for crafts, wallets,slippers, shoes, sandals, belts etc..
- Minimum size of the scraps or pieces 10 cm - 4 inches
- Maximum size of the scraps or pieces 40 cm - 15 inches
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- Possibility to request samples Not Possible. This item is not eligible for sending samples
Vegetable tanned leather remnants, two thicknesses available: thick version about 3-4 mm (7-10 oz.) and normal version about 1,8-2mm (5 oz.). Size is generally small and the firmness is hard for the thick version and normal for the thinner version. These veg tan scraps are suitable for small leather crafts projects and tests, patchwork, small parts of bags, leather goods, key-chain and small leather accessories.
The quantity shown in the main picture roughly corresponds to 1 kg = 2,2 lbs.
The price refers indicatively to 1 kg ≃ 2,2 lbs ≃ 0,5 m² ≃ 5 sf² ≃ 770 In² of product.
Marvin S. published the 04/11/2023 following an order made on 22/10/2023
Exactly as advertised, very nice leather. Thank you!
David C. published the 16/10/2023 following an order made on 05/10/2023
Generous amount of good quality remnants, great sizes for many uses.
Ciprian C. published the 23/09/2023 following an order made on 06/09/2023
Exceptional quality, very satisfied with all products ordered from the site.
Mark F. published the 21/09/2023 following an order made on 04/09/2023
Donna E. published the 16/09/2023 following an order made on 21/08/2023
Excellent weight for my needs. Pieces big enough to work with for my needs also.
Aniela Eniko L. published the 16/09/2023 following an order made on 15/08/2023
Nice, excellent quality and fast delivery! Big pieces, very workable. Mille grazie :)
Massimo D. published the 01/08/2023 following an order made on 30/06/2023
Very useful leather remnants relailable to many uses thank you
Anonymous customer published the 13/07/2023 following an order made on 06/07/2022
I ordered the thick veg-tan remnants, and found the leather to be too stiff and tough to skyve. It has the texture of Ikea MDF, and the only way I could thin it down was with a powerful belt sander. Once waxed/oiled, the colour it took on was sickly. I took a chance and maybe I got unlucky, but I don't recommend this product.
Comment from BuyLeatherOnline the 12/07/2023
As described in the article name and technical sheet these are scraps of "thick" leather with a semi-rigid temper. The tanning is the classic Tuscan cowhide of the best ancient tradition and cannot be confused, except for ignorance in matters of leather or bad faith, with an Ikea material.
Marvin S. published the 30/06/2023 following an order made on 19/06/2023
Exactly as advertised. The remnants seem like a great source of leather for practice and experimentation.
Aniela Eniko L. published the 18/06/2023 following an order made on 07/06/2023
I strongly recommend! I received exactly what is specified in description and in the photo, and the pieces of leather have a very good dimension, all are very workable. Quality of the leather is excellent, very smooth, it is a pleasure to touch it! Thank you!
- On sale!