- Vacchetta vegetable tanned oiled leather
- Square shoulders
- The antique "Tuscan Method"
- Burnishable and reactive surface
- 2,8mm (7oz.) thickness
- Ideal for leather goods like covers, harness, saddlery, belts, bags, tooling, shoes and wallets
The price refers to one skin of which is indicated the average size
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Part Square Shoulder
- Thickness Range Thick (2 ~ 5 mm)
- Exact Thickness 2,8 mm - (7 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Natural Vegetable (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Natural Vegetable: this finishing, also known as "Crust", is characterized by a natural full grain surface that is clearly visible because the skin is left in its natural state without any kind finishing. It can be used in this state or further refined.
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 3/6 Normal
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Other Uses Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Size Range Medium (up to 1,6m² | 18ft² | 2yd²)
- Average size of the whole piece 1,5 m² - 16,6 sq. ft. - 1,8 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Choose the quality of the leather
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
"Vacchetta" square shoulders, vegetable tanned oiled leather produced with the antique "Tuscan Method" that is considered as the best tanning process in the world, a know-how present only in Italy that belongs to the ancient tradition of local tanneries.
This vegetable tanned Vacchetta leather has a medium firmness, a thickness of 2,8mm (7oz.) that can be lowered on request and a very reactive surface (burnishable). This oiled leather is suitable for the production of leather goods like saddlery, collars, harness, wallets, belts, bags, tooling, sandals and shoes.
The price refers to one skin of which is indicated the average size.
Characteristics of the Oiled "Vachetta" Vegetable Tanned Leather
Vachetta is a vegetable tanned leather that contains "Sego" animal oil that is added during the tanning with a special pressing process, this is why it is so special and has peculiarities that distinguish it from other vegetable tanned hides:
- Greater wear-resistant.
- Darker color tending to the light-brown.
- If rubbed, this leather usually becomes more shiny and beautiful, this fact is linked with the best wear resistance: the usage and time instead of worsening the skin pulls the best out of it.
- The pressed animal oil given at a separate stage of production makes this leather very reactive and perfect for tooling!
- The cost of tanning of the Vacchetta leather greatly affects the price, which is why this skins are considered more valuable for the particular workmanship they have undergone.
"Vacchetta" Oiled Shoulders Veg Tan Leather
Shoulders represent the superior half of a whole skin (as you can see in the image below) excluding the belly part. Because of vegetable tanning, this leather looks very natural and is classified as a full grain leather, completely uncovered (without any finishing layer). Furthermore, the skin thickness of a vegetable leather is usually greater than other types of tanning, making it perfect for producing goods that require a good tensile strength.
Vachetta shoulders, due to their thickness and their shape, are well suited to production of handbags, leather goods and shoes, as well saddlery and belts. This skin is treated with vegetable fats (animal oil) and the special Tuscan tanning method, which makes it softer, little bit darker (tending to a light brown) and partially water repellent (fat is a water-repellent substance).
Primary uses of Vacchetta Leather Veg Tan shoulders
Jeff H. published the 27/05/2022 following an order made on 14/05/2022
nice piece, except for the black areas on it. not sure what it is, looks to be under the top coat.
Remus S. published the 22/02/2022 following an order made on 12/02/2022
Janne K. published the 11/02/2022 following an order made on 24/01/2022
Product was top quality, as promised. Would recommend.
Douglas R. published the 28/11/2021 following an order made on 15/11/2021
Gorgeous leather and very high quality
Simon R. published the 07/11/2021 following an order made on 29/10/2021
This is the first leather i bought that was not scraps but actually a higher grade leather and a whole shoulder, and oh my god is that a big difference in quality compared to what i was using before. The leather looks almost too perfect especially for the price. Now i havent used it yet so i will review again later.
Peter W. published the 10/09/2021 following an order made on 23/08/2021
Beautiful leather. Looking forward to making some quality leather items with it.
Margret Gudrun J. published the 06/09/2021 following an order made on 04/08/2021
Esther K. published the 14/08/2021 following an order made on 30/07/2021
Incredible quality, can't wait to use it, I love it.
Haolin Z. published the 26/06/2021 following an order made on 18/06/2021
The 330 was my fav. items in this shop. It full of oil and has a unique present smell. However, its receipt has been changed in the new batch. It is now drier and harder, smells just like other normal veg tanned leather.
William F. published the 31/05/2021 following an order made on 19/05/2021
Initially I was irritated because of the amount of blemishes on the hide. This thing looks like the cow spent it's life rolling around on barbed wire. However, this leather is a dream to work with. Cuts, skives, dyes, sands and burnishes like a dream. Overall, wonderful leather, just has a disappointing amount of scarring.
- On sale!