- Dry-Milled (tumbled) vegetable tanned "Vacchetta" calf sides
- Oiled (with "sego" animal oil) and soft leather
- Ideal to be finished by hand
- Suitable for leather goods, saddlery, bags, shoes, backpacks and accessories
The price refers to one skin of which is indicated the average size
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Part Half Calfskin
- Thickness Range Normal (1 ~ 2 mm)
- Exact Thickness 1,6 mm - (4 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Natural Vegetable (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Natural Vegetable: this finishing, also known as "Crust", is characterized by a natural full grain surface that is clearly visible because the skin is left in its natural state without any kind finishing. It can be used in this state or further refined.
- Type of Finishig (Secondary) Dry Milled. The leather is put into drums which through heat and movement give it a wrinkled and distressed look and a softer hand.
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 2/6 Soft
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Other Uses Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Size Range Large (more than 1,6m² | 18ft² | 2yd²)
- Average size of the whole piece 2,4 m² - 27 sq. ft. - 2,9 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Good - 2° Grade
- More details about quality Some natural signs may be present
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Dry-Milled vegetable tanned "Vacchetta" calf sides is an oiled (with "sego" animal oil) and soft Leather. The production process that characterizes this article belong to the ancient Tuscan tradition and it is considered a special tanning method. The price refers to one skin of which is indicated the average size.
This skin is suitable for the production of leather goods such as backpacks, aprons, bags, shoes, wallets, saddlery and it is perfect to be finished by hand with dyes or left in its natural state.
Characteristics of natural vegetable leather tanned with "Sego" animal oil
The vegetable tanned leather with “Sego” (animal oil) has peculiarities that distinguish it from other vegetable tanned hides. The tanning process is the same, the difference lies in the fact that animal fat is added at some point of the process. This causes the leather to assume certain characteristics:
- Greater wear-resistant.
- Darker color tending to the cognac.
- Softer temper.
- If rubbed, this leather usually becomes more shiny and beautiful, this fact is linked with the best wear resistance: the usage and time instead of worsening the skin pulls the best out of it.
- The cost of tanning of the Sego leather greatly affects the price, which is why this skins are considered more valuable for the particular workmanship they have undergone.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 2 m² - 22 sq. ft. - 2,4 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 1 m² - 11 sq. ft. - 1,2 yd²
Kenneth V. published the 04/06/2021 following an order made on 23/05/2021
Pleasantly surprised by this. Bought as lining. Smells divine too.
Petr Z. published the 16/04/2021 following an order made on 01/04/2021
Very good quality for a resonable price.. plus fast shipping. Thanks
Jema R. published the 16/03/2021 following an order made on 29/01/2021
This is absolutely beautiful! I bought it to make an apron for my woodworking husband but it is so soft and supple I want to keep it for myself!
Anonymous customer published the 13/07/2020 following an order made on 06/07/2020
This is absolutely my favourite leather!!! Very soft and with a beautiful grain. Really really Top Leather!!!
- Out of stock
- On sale!
- On sale!