- Dry-Milled (tumbled) vegetable tanned "Vacchetta" calf sides
- Oiled (with "sego" animal oil) and soft leather
- Ideal to be finished by hand
- Suitable for leather goods, saddlery, bags, shoes, backpacks and accessories
The price refers to one skin of which is indicated the average size
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Our secure and eco-friendly packaging ensures that the leather arrives at its destination in perfect condition. Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Half Calfskin
- Thickness Range Normal (1 ~ 2 mm)
- Exact Thickness 1,6 mm - (4 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
Type of Finishing (Primary)
Natural Vegetable (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Natural Vegetable: this finishing, also known as "Crust", is characterized by a natural full grain surface that is clearly visible because the skin is left in its natural state without any kind finishing. It can be used in this state or further refined.
- Type of Finishig (Secondary) Dry Milled (Tumbled): the leather is put into drums which through heat and movement give it a wrinkled and distressed look and a soft hand.
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 2/6 Soft
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Other Uses Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Size Range Large (more than 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Average size of the whole piece 2,5 m² - 27 sq. ft. - 2,9 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- More details about quality Natural leather may have some defects such as small scratches.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Dry-Milled vegetable tanned "Vacchetta" calf sides is an oiled (with "sego" animal oil) and soft Leather. The production process that characterizes this article belong to the ancient Tuscan tradition and it is considered a special tanning method. The price refers to one skin of which is indicated the average size.
This skin is suitable for the production of leather goods such as backpacks, aprons, bags, shoes, wallets, saddlery and it is perfect to be finished by hand with dyes or left in its natural state.
Characteristics of natural vegetable leather tanned with "Sego" animal oil
The vegetable tanned leather with “Sego” (animal oil) has peculiarities that distinguish it from other vegetable tanned hides. The tanning process is the same, the difference lies in the fact that animal fat is added at some point of the process. This causes the leather to assume certain characteristics:
- Greater wear-resistant.
- Darker color tending to the cognac.
- Softer temper.
- If rubbed, this leather usually becomes more shiny and beautiful, this fact is linked with the best wear resistance: the usage and time instead of worsening the skin pulls the best out of it.
- The cost of tanning of the Sego leather greatly affects the price, which is why this skins are considered more valuable for the particular workmanship they have undergone.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Leonard S. published the 01/08/2023 following an order made on 13/07/2023
Lovely! Soft to the touch, easy to manipulate yet firm at the same time, great color
Jonny B. published the 10/01/2023 following an order made on 18/12/2022
This was the second time I ordered leather from your company and the product is exactly as described. Some really bad and large marks in the hide, but it is a B-quality and it was openly said so.
Gary B. published the 09/12/2022 following an order made on 22/11/2022
Gary B. published the 26/08/2022 following an order made on 27/07/2022
Awesome leather. The best I have found for my use.
Douglas D. published the 18/08/2022 following an order made on 25/07/2022
Superb leather as usual
Maureen H. published the 04/08/2022 following an order made on 18/07/2022
Beautiful piece of leather. Not sure how best to colour it so as to keep the lovely soft texture.
Gary B. published the 26/06/2022 following an order made on 14/06/2022
Great leather for my use.
Anonymous customer published the 04/06/2021 following an order made on 23/05/2021
Pleasantly surprised by this. Bought as lining. Smells divine too.
Anonymous customer published the 16/04/2021 following an order made on 01/04/2021
Very good quality for a resonable price.. plus fast shipping. Thanks
- On sale!
- On sale!