- Crocodile embossed natural vegetable tanned leather calf sides
- Semi-rigid temper
- Big size leather hides
- Can be finished by hand or left in the natural state
- Ideal for leather goods like bags, belts, handmade shoes, craft, book binding, wallets and covers
The price refers to one skin of which is indicated the average size
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Our secure and eco-friendly packaging ensures that the leather arrives at its destination in perfect condition. Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Half Calfskin
- Thickness Range Normal (1 ~ 2 mm)
- Exact Thickness 1,5 mm - (4 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
Type of Finishing (Primary)
Natural Vegetable (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Embossed: this more pronounced kind of finishing usually imitates the skin of various reptiles (snakes, lizards, crocodiles, ostriches etc..), or re-creates fancy designs.
- Type of Finishig (Secondary) Natural Vegetable: this finishing, also known as "Crust", is characterized by a natural full grain surface that is clearly visible because the skin is left in its natural state without any kind finishing. It can be used in this state or further refined.
- Temper 4/6 Semi-Hard
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Other Uses Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Size Range Large (more than 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Average size of the whole piece 2,1 m² - 23 sq. ft. - 2,5 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Good - 2° Grade
- More details about quality There could be holes, natural markings or stains.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Crocodile Embossed Natural Vegetable Tanned Leather calf sides, semi-rigid temper. Big size leather hides perfect to be finished by hand or left in their natural state. Ideal for leather goods like bags, belts, handmade shoes, craft, book binding, wallets and covers. The price refers to one skin of which is indicated the average size.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 2 m² - 22 sq. ft. - 2,4 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 1 m² - 11 sq. ft. - 1,2 yd²
Daphne J. published the 06/05/2023 following an order made on 13/04/2023
This is my 2nd order of this hide. Its very hard to find an embossed hide colir you really love so i found this vegtan embossed hide and die it myself. The finished product is always beautiful because this is a quality hide. Thank you
Gautier B. published the 26/06/2022 following an order made on 31/05/2022
There is a lot of parts that are not usable (small dye splashes, holes and scratches) but that's what is 3rd grade leather... The skin is huge and well tanned, the embossing is clean so it's still a good choice despite these defects.
Anonymous customer published the 11/01/2022 following an order made on 04/12/2021
A great pattern, will be interesting to use in some projects
Anonymous customer published the 24/12/2021 following an order made on 07/12/2021
First time buying this and love its look and feel.
Anonymous customer published the 26/01/2021 following an order made on 13/01/2021
Very nice pattern. Nice to paint in own colors and style.
Anonymous customer published the 11/08/2020 following an order made on 23/07/2020
This leather is so beautiful!! I can’t stop looking at it! I really hope more colours become available in the same leather. It would be amazing in cognac and black!! So many of my customers are already commenting on how much they love it! Please never stop stocking this and bring out more colours please! :)
Anonymous customer published the 28/02/2020 following an order made on 15/02/2020
Anonymous customer published the 15/01/2020 following an order made on 23/12/2019
This leather was far better than I expected from a 2nd grade leather
Anonymous customer published the 21/12/2019 following an order made on 09/12/2019
SUPERBLY BRILLIANT. just what I wanted. will always use this very professional company
- On sale!