- Walpier "Buttero" leather famous item
- Vegetable tanned square shoulders
- Produced by Conceria Walpier Tannery
- Beautiful aniline finish surface
- Firm hand
- Very natural look with a deep and rich color
- Ideal for leather goods such as bags, wallets, cardholders, briefcases, belts, harness, saddlery, binding
The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size
|Quantity||Unit discount||You Save|
|5||5%||Up to $39.66|
|10||7%||Up to $111.06|
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Our secure and eco-friendly packaging ensures that the leather arrives at its destination in perfect condition. Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Square Shoulder
- Thickness Range Thick (2 ~ 3 mm)
- Exact Thickness 2,8 mm - (7 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Aniline (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Aniline: the leather finished in this way is characterized by the most natural look and quality. Only the finest kinds of leather coming from the best choices of raw are suitable for this processing. Pros: natural look, top quality.
- Dye Completely Passing Through
- Temper 4/6 Semi-Hard
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Other Uses Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Size Range Medium (up to 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Minimum size of the whole piece 1,1 m² - 12,2 sq. ft. - 1,3 yd²
- Average size of the whole piece 1,4 m² - 15 sq. ft. - 1,7 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- More details about quality Even on the First Grades there could be some imperfections or natural signs characteristic of this very natural item, which are not considered defects but an added value.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Walpier "Buttero" is the famous item produced by Conceria Walpier Tannery on vegetable tanned square shoulders, it is characterized by a beautiful aniline finish surface that make this leather look very natural with a deep and rich color.
Buttero leather is not an oiled Vacchetta, it has medium temper and firm hand. Since the surface of the leather is very natural it is possible to see some natural marks or spots that are considered not defects but an added value.
For all these reasons, this leather also enters rightfully into the category of the best Italian vegetable tanned leathers. This 100% veg tan leather is ideal for the production of bags, satchels, briefcases, wallets, belts, shoes, harness, saddlery, binding, and leather goods in general. The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 1,4 m² - 15,5 sq. ft. - 1,7 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 0,7 m² - 7,7 sq. ft. - 0,8 yd²
It is possible to request the labels of the "Genuine Vegetable Tanned Leather In Tuscany" consortium via email with a separate message after the order. The cost depends on number of labels requested.
Ron V. published the 02/12/2023 following an order made on 21/11/2023
Leather looks good - odd straight cut about 4” long on one side/corner. Size was at best equal to minimum size, probably just under. So more than 3 sq feet less than stated average size. Results in near 20% +price increase from stated average size.
Philipp S. published the 03/11/2023 following an order made on 21/10/2023
As always fast delivery and exceptional quality!
Anonymous customer published the 01/11/2023 following an order made on 20/10/2023
Beautiful leather, no imperfections!
Anton J. published the 11/10/2023 following an order made on 28/09/2023
Beutiful leather! Love it so much and it is smell so good! AWESOME!!!
Robin D. published the 09/10/2023 following an order made on 16/09/2023
Matthew W. published the 16/09/2023 following an order made on 10/08/2023
Beautiful leather for belts
Simon W. published the 11/08/2023 following an order made on 26/07/2023
Stunning, firm and very versatile. One of the all-time great leathers to come out of Tuscany.
Federico A. published the 11/08/2023 following an order made on 31/07/2023
Absolutely perfect, the cadillac of veg tan
Philipp S. published the 01/08/2023 following an order made on 04/07/2023
I’d recommend Buttero to every leather worker! It’s stunningly beautiful and develops an unmatched patina over time.
Anonymous customer published the 01/08/2023 following an order made on 06/07/2022
I'm quite disappointed with the customer service of Buyleatheronline. They sent the wrong items in the order, and wouldn't offer to fix it because more than 14 days had passed since delivery. Sales within the EU are actually protected by law for 2 years The customer service of Buyleatheronline tried to deny the law several times, and offered a €10 voucher for a €179.47 order. Lastly, customer service then hid my review by falsely reporting the information. Very sneaky behaviour. Please be aware that reviews are being manipulated on this site, check reviews elsewhere before buying.
Comment from BuyLeatherOnline the 20/10/2023
The customer contacted us after 1 year from purchase and after he already used and cut the leather hide in question, pretending to have a big discount. Although we didn't have to, we offered the customer 25% compensation on the value of the piece in question, but the customer declined and resented it. We want to clarify that if the customer has used the leather and only after a year realizes that it is not good, this case does not fall within the terms of return or dispute.
- On sale!
- On sale!