- Walpier "Buttero" leather famous item
- Vegetable tanned square shoulders
- Produced by Conceria Walpier Tannery
- Beautiful aniline finish surface
- Firm hand
- Very natural look with a deep and rich color
- Ideal for leather goods such as bags, wallets, cardholders, briefcases, belts, harness, saddlery, binding
The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size
|Quantity||Unit discount||You Save|
|5||5%||Up to €36.73|
|10||7%||Up to €102.83|
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
Shipping and delivery
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
You have 14 days to change your mind! Customized products are not returnable. For detailed condition click here.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Square Shoulder
- Thickness Range Thick (2 ~ 3 mm)
- Exact Thickness 2,8 mm - (7 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Aniline (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Aniline: the leather finished in this way is characterized by the most natural look and quality. Only the finest kinds of leather coming from the best choices of raw are suitable for this processing. Pros: natural look, top quality.
- Dye Completely Passing Through
- Temper 4/6 Semi-Hard
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Other Uses Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Size Range Medium (up to 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Minimum size of the whole piece 1,1 m² - 12,2 sq. ft. - 1,3 yd²
- Average size of the whole piece 1,4 m² - 15,5 sq. ft. - 1,7 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- More details about quality Even on the First Grades there could be some imperfections or natural signs characteristic of this very natural item, which are not considered defects but an added value.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Walpier "Buttero" is the famous item produced by Conceria Walpier Tannery on vegetable tanned square shoulders, it is characterized by a beautiful aniline finish surface that make this leather look very natural with a deep and rich color.
Buttero leather is not an oiled Vacchetta, it has medium temper and firm hand. Since the surface of the leather is very natural it is possible to see some natural marks or spots that are considered not defects but an added value.
For all these reasons, this leather also enters rightfully into the category of the best Italian vegetable tanned leathers. This 100% veg tan leather is ideal for the production of bags, satchels, briefcases, wallets, belts, shoes, harness, saddlery, binding, and leather goods in general. The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 1,4 m² - 15,5 sq. ft. - 1,7 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 0,7 m² - 7,7 sq. ft. - 0,8 yd²
It is possible to request the labels of the "Genuine Vegetable Tanned Leather In Tuscany" consortium via email with a separate message after the order. The cost depends on number of labels requested.
Jeff S. published the 19/03/2023 following an order made on 10/03/2023
I love working with Buttero. Great selection of colours, and competitive pricing. My order cam quickly. I'll order again.
Marius Jan H. published the 19/03/2023 following an order made on 20/02/2023
Stunning leather that's a dream to work with. Gives that classic high quality leather look to just about anything. Burnishes nicely and gets a very smooth and glossy patina
Dimitri W. published the 01/03/2023 following an order made on 07/02/2023
Favorite color by far
Petar R. published the 01/03/2023 following an order made on 15/01/2023
Denise E. published the 20/02/2023 following an order made on 18/01/2023
Buttero is a very firm leather but absolutely beautiful quality.
Garth E. published the 02/02/2023 following an order made on 12/01/2023
Nice piece no flaws other than stretch marks.
Adisa C. published the 11/01/2023 following an order made on 13/12/2022
We have ordered several times and the quality has always been the very best. The whole leather is very uniform and you can use all of it.
Oanca I. published the 10/01/2023 following an order made on 09/12/2022
Very nice leather, some imperfections, but overall good
Paul D. published the 10/01/2023 following an order made on 14/12/2022
- Out of stock
- On sale!