- Walpier "Natural Buttero"
- Vegetable tanned square shoulders
- Produced by Walpier Tannery
- The natural (not finished) version of Buttero leather
- Firm hand
- Perfect for customization like hand-dyeing, engraving, molding and tooling
The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
Shipping and delivery
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
You have 14 days to change your mind! Customized products are not returnable. For detailed condition click here.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Square Shoulder
- Thickness Range Thick (2 ~ 3 mm)
- Exact Thickness 2,8 mm - (7 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Natural Vegetable (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Natural Vegetable: this finishing, also known as "Crust", is characterized by a natural full grain surface that is clearly visible because the skin is left in its natural state without any kind finishing. It can be used in this state or further refined.
- Temper 4/6 Semi-Hard
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Other Uses Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Size Range Medium (up to 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Minimum size of the whole piece 1,1 m² - 12,2 sq. ft. - 1,3 yd²
- Average size of the whole piece 1,4 m² - 15,5 sq. ft. - 1,7 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- More details about quality Even on the First Grades there could be some imperfections or natural signs characteristic of this very natural item, which are not considered defects but an added value.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Walpier "Buttero" is the famous item produced by Walpier Tannery on vegetable tanned square shoulders, this is the natural (not finished) version, perfect for those who need a neutral leather to hand-dye, engrave, mold or for tooling.
This is not an oiled Vacchetta, it has medium temper and firm hand. Since the surface of the leather is very natural it is possible to see some natural marks or spots that are considered not defects but an added value.
For all these reasons, this leather also enters rightfully into the category of the best Italian vegetable tanned leathers. This 100% veg tan leather is ideal for the production of bags, satchels, briefcases, wallets, belts, shoes, harness, saddlery, binding, and leather goods in general. The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 1,4 m² - 15,5 sq. ft. - 1,7 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 0,7 m² - 7,7 sq. ft. - 0,8 yd²
It is possible to request the labels of the "Genuine Vegetable Tanned Leather In Tuscany" consortium via email with a separate message after the order. The cost depends on number of labels requested.
Vahe H. published the 01/08/2022 following an order made on 11/07/2022
Alexandra S. published the 26/06/2022 following an order made on 26/05/2022
Great quality as always
Vytautas V. published the 21/05/2022 following an order made on 09/05/2022
Super leather !
Justice A. published the 24/12/2021 following an order made on 07/12/2021
Very smooth feeling and nice leather. Have been my favorite for making wallets.
Yousuke M. published the 08/11/2021 following an order made on 19/10/2021
The feel and condition were the best
Jesse M. published the 14/10/2021 following an order made on 03/10/2021
Anonymous customer published the 14/09/2021 following an order made on 13/07/2021
I have it split to 1 mm for wallet card slots. My customers love the feel and obvious quality.
Anonymous customer published the 24/05/2021 following an order made on 11/05/2021
Anonymous customer published the 04/03/2021 following an order made on 10/02/2021
Beautiful leather at a great price!
Anonymous customer published the 20/02/2021 following an order made on 06/02/2021
Best natural vegetable tanned leather I have seen, and the experience with the seller was amazing too. Quick in communication, and the leather was splitted to the exact thickness as requested. Will definitely buy here again !
- On sale!