- "Museum" Leather - Walpier Tannery
- Vegetable tanned square shoulders
- Latest product from Conceria Walpier Tannery
- Aniline hand buffered finish
- Medium firmness
- Thickness 2,8mm (7 oz.)
- Oiled leather
- Ideal for any kind of leather goods such as bags, wallets, cardholders, briefcases, belts, harness, saddlery, binding
The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
Shipping and delivery
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
You have 14 days to change your mind! Customized products are not returnable. For detailed condition click here.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Square Shoulder
- Thickness Range Thick (2 ~ 3 mm)
- Exact Thickness 2,8 mm - (7 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
Type of Finishing (Primary)
Aniline (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Hand-buffed: it is a leather that has been colored by hand with dyes (usually aniline) following the most ancient craft techniques. The result is a "unique" skin, with a deep color and natural appearance thanks to the multi-tone effect.
- Dye Completely Passing Through
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 3/6 Normal
- Primary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Secondary Use Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Other Uses Shoes and Footwear. This leather is suitable for shoes and footwear of all kinds, from decoltè to boots, elegant or sporty. The leather for shoes are resistant to bending and weathering.
- Size Range Medium (up to 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Minimum size of the whole piece 1,1 m² - 12,2 sq. ft. - 1,3 yd²
- Average size of the whole piece 1,4 m² - 15,5 sq. ft. - 1,7 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- More details about quality Even if of 1° grade, being hand-buffered it is possible to find some natural imperfections in the finishing.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
"Museum" leather is the latest product launched by Conceria Walpier Tannery, it is an oiled vegetable-tanned square shoulder and hand-finished (buffered) with aniline dye following the most ancient artisan techniques. The peculiarity of this leather lies in the hand-buffered finish, which gives the leather a natural look, depth of color and uniqueness thanks to the multi-tone effect.
Walpier "Museum" leather is characterized by a medium firmness and since the surface of the leather is very natural it is sometimes possible to notice some natural marks or imperfections which are not considered as defects, but an added value.
For all these reasons, this leather also enters rightfully into the category of the best Italian vegetable tanned leathers. This 100% veg tan leather is ideal for the production of bags, satchels, briefcases, wallets, belts, shoes, harness, saddlery, binding, and leather goods in general.
The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 1,4 m² - 15,5 sq. ft. - 1,7 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 0,7 m² - 7,7 sq. ft. - 0,8 yd²
It is possible to request the labels of the "Genuine Vegetable Tanned Leather In Tuscany" consortium via email with a separate message after the order. The cost depends on number of labels requested.
Eric D. published the 10/03/2023 following an order made on 19/02/2023
Turphena K. published the 02/02/2023 following an order made on 21/12/2022
First time using Museum and I loved it. Very smooth feel to it.
Jeff H. published the 07/12/2022 following an order made on 08/11/2022
A few spots missing finish but near the edge.. Overall a flawless piece even after having it split down to size I needed! I would recommend this.
Christian O. published the 05/11/2022 following an order made on 24/10/2022
Con C. published the 15/10/2022 following an order made on 13/09/2022
as described - xlnt
Martin W. published the 18/08/2022 following an order made on 19/07/2022
Very nice leather in a very good quality