- Walpier "Rocky" - Vegetable tanned square shoulders
- Oiled Vacchetta leather (pressed Sego oil)
- Resin back
- Firm hand
- Thickness 3,6mm (9 oz.)
- Beautiful aniline finish surface
- Very natural look with a deep and rich color
- Ideal for belts, leashes, shoulder straps, collars, bridles, bags, briefcases, saddlery and leather goods in general
The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size
With over 60 years of experience in the tanning industry BuyLeatherOnline is the biggest leather hides supplier and producer of vegetable tanned leather and fashion hides of Made in Italy quality.
Shipping and delivery
We ship worldwide using the best couriers at affordable rates. Preparation times are usually 2-3 business days to which you need to add delivery time of the courier chosen at checkout. We guarantee every shipment to its destination and the shipping costs include package insurance.
|DHL Express||2 - 3 days|
|FedEx||4 - 5 days|
|UPS||3 - 4 days|
|DHL Standard||4 - 5 days|
|DPD||4 - 7 days|
Click here for more info.
The accepted payment methods are: PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
You have 14 days to change your mind! Customized products are not returnable. For detailed condition click here.
For almost all items it is possible to request a reduction of thickness down to 0,8mm (2 oz.), this service is free and included in the price, just request it in the order notes. It is not possible to request the splitting service for leftovers, scraps and strips of leather. Split items are considered customized and are therefore not eligible for returns.
- Tanning Vegetable Tanning
- Type of Leather Bovine Grain Leather
- Leather Cut Square Shoulder
- Thickness Range Thick (2 ~ 3 mm)
- Exact Thickness 3,6 mm - (9 oz.)
- Other Thicknesses Available Yes, you can request a custom splitting down to 0,8mm (2 oz.) in order notes
- Type of Finishing (Primary) Aniline (Full Grain)
- Finishing Description Aniline: the leather finished in this way is characterized by the most natural look and quality. Only the finest kinds of leather coming from the best choices of raw are suitable for this processing. Pros: natural look, top quality.
- Dye Completely Passing Through
- Oil in Tanning Yes, Oiled Leather
- Temper 4/6 Semi-Hard
- Primary Use Belts and Saddlery. This leather is usually characterized by a square shape and an high thickness and is suitable for the production of belts, harness and saddles for motorbikes, horse riding, bicycles etc..
- Secondary Use Leather Goods, Bags, Binding, Wallets. This leather is suitable for producing leather bags or purses, totes, luggage, wallets, book bindings, covers, lining and small leather goods in general.
- Size Range Medium (up to 1,6m² - 18ft²)
- Minimum size of the whole piece 1,2 m² - 13 sq. ft. - 1,4 yd²
- Average size of the whole piece 1,5 m² - 16,6 sq. ft. - 1,8 yd²
- Overall quality of leather Excellent - 1° Grade
- More details about quality Even on the First Grades there could be some imperfections or natural signs characteristic of this very natural item, which are not considered defects but an added value.
- Possibility to request samples Yes, you can request samples simply by sending a message with the reference number of the product.
Walpier "Rocky" is a leather produced by Conceria Walpier Tannery on vegetable tanned square shoulders, it is characterized by a beautiful aniline finish surface that make this leather look very natural with a deep and rich color.
Rocky leather is a pressed Sego (tallow) oiled Vacchetta (pride of the Tuscan tanning tradition), for this reason it has a fuller hand while maintaining a semi-rigid temper. Since the surface of the leather is very natural it is sometimes possible to notice some natural marks or imperfections which are considered not defects but an added value.
The already finished (resin) back and the generous thickness 3,6mm (9 oz.) make this 100% vegetable leather the ideal material for making belts, leashes, shoulder straps, collars, bridles, bags, briefcases, saddlery and leather goods in general. For all these reasons, this leather also falls by right into the category of the best Italian vegetable tanned leathers.
The price refers to one full or half piece of which is indicated the average size.
You can choose between "Half" and "Whole" piece:
Average size of the "whole piece": 1,5 m² - 16 sq. ft. - 1,8 yd²
Average size of the "half piece": 0,75 m² - 8 sq. ft. - 0,9 yd²
It is possible to request the labels of the "Genuine Vegetable Tanned Leather In Tuscany" consortium via email with a separate message after the order. The cost depends on number of labels requested.
Campbell K. published the 20/02/2023 following an order made on 25/01/2023
First time buying leather so my opinion might not be as valuable but this leather exceeded my expectations in everyway! Is beautiful, constant thickness, and the die and oils look and feel fantastic
Turphena K. published the 02/02/2023 following an order made on 21/12/2022
Loved this leather as well. I will definately buy some more.
Per-Erik S. published the 12/12/2022 following an order made on 26/11/2022
Excellent quality Nothing left to desire